Possible relocation of lowedges surgery

Wondering if anyone knew about the potential move of meadowgreen surgery (both lowedges and old school sites).

The lowedges site is the only GP surgery in Lowedges.* I moved from Jordanthorpe practice, as when you have an asthma attack it isn't easy to get from mine to Jordanthorpe practice as I don't drive.* I changed to the lowedges site as it is only a short walk away from where I live. Also the M17 bus does not cover the part of lowedges I live in, so public transport will not be available to all current patients.

This may also have an impact on the local economy as opposite the lowedges site, there is a pharmacy and a few shops.* If services are moved to the site at Jordanthorpe then it is probable that you are going to be encouraged to use the chemist there, rather than rowlands at lowedges.* This is likely to cause problems as when I was a patient there, they struggled to turn round orders in the alloted time.* This may cause rowlands to close and may affect the passing trade to the local shops

I agree its complete madness ,with no thought to the patients,its either there going to make a big cash input to themselves or they believe its difficult if you have 2 surgerys quiet a bit apart, but lowedges with over 2,000 houses needs a doctors on its estate,theres land space to build a new one,i hope SCC step in and sort it.

I'm a bit ignorant of asthma so apologies if this is a stupid question: why would you rush to your GP if you have an asthma attack? Surely you would use your inhaler or go to the hospital/ring an ambulance?

You can hardly go to your GP if you have an attack at 1 in the morning.

I'm a bit ignorant of asthma so apologies if this is a stupid question: why would you rush to your GP if you have an asthma attack? Surely you would use your inhaler or go to the hospital/ring an ambulance?

You can hardly go to your GP if you have an attack at 1 in the morning.

If my asthma requires that I need steroids I can't get those from a and e. I have to get them from gp, also if I have a chest infection which has exacerbated my asthma then I need gp for antibiotics not a and e, the few times I have called an ambulance, all a and e have done is put me on nebuliser and painkillers for chest pain. If I back to back my ventolin inhaler through a spacer this gives the same effect as a nebuliser. So it has to be really severe for me to call ambulance.

---------- Post added 03-05-2018 at 19:33 ----------

If it's anything like this ( see link) , it'll be a done deal.

A whitewash call it what you will.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/whats-on/out-and-about/gps-accused-of-abandonment-1-214965

Hope it won't be a done deal.

---------- Post added 03-05-2018 at 19:45 ----------

Link to change.org petition

https://www.change.org/p/sheffield-clinical-commissioning-group-stop-meadowgreen-health-centre-moving-into-jordanthorpe-health-centre?recruiter=153794595&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

Please sign if you disagree with the potential closure.

Already a done deal as far as im aware, already been told that both lowedges rd and old school sites are to close at the end of this year,

Im not impressed either, its an absolute disgrace that doctor Mcalister has merged all doctors on the estate into lowedges and old school and now he's leaving the estate without.

Edit: the information i received was directly told to me by the receptionists,

Edited by Leadhammer

Already a done deal as far as im aware, already been told that both lowedges rd and old school sites are to close at the end of this year,

Im not impressed either, its an absolute disgrace that doctor Mcalister has merged all doctors on the estate into lowedges and old school and now he's leaving the estate without.

Edit: the information i received was directly told to me by the receptionists,

You are right it is a disgrace.

Just saying, they had a surgery on Bradway Road opposite Bradway Old School until it was closed and eveything moved to Meadowhead, then they moved to the Old School at Greenhill before merging with the Low Edges surgery, and another on the Low Edges estate - which seems to have clossd? Patients in Bradway have even further to go to Jordanthorpe, and the M17 bus is only hourly.

Apparently the Jordanthorpe surgery premises are very good if you can get there.

Just saying, they had a surgery on Bradway Road opposite Bradway Old School until it was closed and eveything moved to Meadowhead, then they moved to the Old School at Greenhill before merging with the Low Edges surgery, and another on the Low Edges estate - which seems to have clossd? Patients in Bradway have even further to go to Jordanthorpe, and the M17 bus is only hourly.

Apparently the Jordanthorpe surgery premises are very good if you can get there.

Bus routes can be changed. If there is higher demand somewhere because of surgery relocation the travel organisations will take that in consideration and relocate a more frequent bus there.

Gosh am I doing Andy C job, now?

I used to go to the Meadowhead surgery, then it moved to Greenhill Old School, then that merged with Lowedges, now it will be Jordanthorpe - every time they move they're getting further away from me. Sadly, consolidate and merge seems to be the way things are going. Fewer, larger centres rather than small independent ones. Not just in health care either - retail, media, transport, telecoms - it just seems to be the way things are going.

So where can you register in the Bradway / Greenhill if you cant get to Jordanthorpe?

There is a consultation on the Meadowgreen Health Centres website which covers both Old School Medical Centre (Greenhill) and Lowedges. http://www.meadowheadgrouppractice.co.uk/

As someone who lives in Bradway and doesn't own a car I'm not particularly happy. Although Old School isn't within walking distance of Bradway, it is on the 25 bus route which runs a frequent service all day every day and takes about ten minutes to get there. It being on the main bus route is also handy for routine appointments arranged on the basis of stopping off on the way to/from work.

Jordanthorpe is further away and the only bus that goes there is the M17 which runs once an hour and only between 10am and 5pm (3pm on Saturdays). It is highly unlikely SYPTE will find additional subsidy to improve the service so we would be looking instead at either 2 buses via Meadowhead taking about half an hour or an £8 taxi ride each way.

Having sent my feedback in it was suggested I either lobby SYPTE to improve the buses or register at the alternative local surgery - Baslow Road in Totley. A very steep hill is between Bradway and Totley and guess which is the only bus that goes there...?