Why no Tour de Yorkshire in Sheffield?

It seems as though almost every Town and village in our surrounding area is getting a stage of the Tour de Yorkshire either passing through or finishing or actually starting there ,Barnsley ,Doncaster , Leeds and so on are included .

And then we get to our own City ,Now't in sight it seems once again .

Why not us!!!!!!! .

As an after thought our very own local rag The Star have not even bothered to advice us where we can actually watch this prestigious sporting even t in South Yorkshire. Perhaps Barnsley (tomorrows stage) and Doncasters today do not count as is per usual when it comes to supporting our neighbors.

Edited by Albert smith

i think we all deserve a share, our turn was last time.

i think we all deserve a share, our turn was last time.

All the main stages are in the City centre Stocksbridge is not Sheffield it was a compromise .

All the main stages are in the City centre Stocksbridge is not Sheffield it was a compromise .

The finish line was in Fox Valley, a shopping centre in the Sheffield district of Stockbridge , as Mr Dransfield , the bloke who built it, is always reminding us.

The finish line was in Fox Valley, a shopping centre in the Sheffield district of Stockbridge , as Mr Dransfield , the bloke who built it, is always reminding us.

Any one know what time the men's race starts in Barnsley today I have seen two different times so far.

I live on the route, its no fun. Cant park outside my own house. Road closed most of the day.

Sheffield Council chose not to bid to be a host city.

Official statement mentioned giving other places the opportunity, but I would guess that the cost was a significant factor.

Sheffield paid £200,000 to be a host in 2014.

Any one know what time the men's race starts in Barnsley today I have seen two different times so far.

Start 2.30, up to Hoyland around 3ish.

Sheffield Council chose not to bid to be a host city.

Official statement mentioned giving other places the opportunity, but I would guess that the cost was a significant factor.

Sheffield paid £200,000 to be a host in 2014.

Doncaster and Barnsley are paying £150,000 they say it will bring in up to a million pounds in extra revenue due to publicity and spending in the local community ,all hotels fully booked .

---------- Post added 04-05-2018 at 10:42 ----------

Start 2.30, up to Hoyland around 3ish.

Cheers just of to start around the Town Hall area.

Can Sheffield cope with hosting a stage start or finish at the same time as the Snooker is on filling the hotels already?

The women's race is already underway, I believe they have rolling road blocks working for that, not sure what they will do regarding road closures for the men's race

it'll be cutting through Hoyland/Elsecar/Wentworth towards Hoober, Swinton & Kilnhurst about half an hour before I'm due to finish work today... I work round that area and would guess the homeward journey to Chapeltown will be a little busier than usual...

but the prospect hasn't done anything to dampen my enthusiasm for the event, I'll just work around it

I'm fed up to the back teeth of cyclists and cycling events.Events like this cause totall chaos for thousands of people trying to get to and from work.On Sundays similar events are organised out Derbyshire without any police presence,more chaos.Then throughout summer we get packs of 20 or more inconsiderate cyclists completely hogging the road and not pulling in to let any body pass.What really annoys me is the fact that the majority of the inconsiderate cyclists are also motorists,they know what they are doing,they really enjoy causing the problems.