Interview at college help

I was wondering if anyone could possibly help.

I have an interview at college for an access course.

I was wondering if anyone could help with what I could say in interview to get a place on the course.

Also what would I be able to bring to enhance my chances? Could I take previous certificate and qualifations etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Thank you although I am still unsure of what I need to do

Just be yourself, try not to worry so much that you fail to listen properly to any questions that they ask, and explain why you want to pass the course to move on with your education and improve the future for yourself and your family.

They don't need anything flashy, they want to know that you'll turn up, work hard and are invested in the education.

Take evidence of qualifications and personal study and be prepared to answer what you got out of previous experiences. Take your hopes, ambitions and fears to the interview and arm yourself with some pertinent questions such as what is expected of you and how you can get the most from the course. I did an Access course and it opened my eyes to a wider world, not only due to my studies but from the diversity of fellow students. Good luck: love::love:

Apart from your qualifications, you must ensure that

You are as smart and well dressed.

Your shoes are clean.

Clean hands, nails and hair.

Make sure you are on time, preferably arrive 10 minutes before your interview.

If you are not sure of the company address, do a dummy run. if you are held up for any reason call ahead to let them know.

Make eye contact with the interviewer, don't 'mumble'.

You would be amazed how many people came for interviews were I worked, and didn't adhere to all (or even some!) of the above.

Remember you don't get a second chance to make a first impression.

Good luck!

Don't forget that an interview is a two way street, and it's your opportunity to ask them questions.

Do some research about the college and the course in advance and think of some related questions to ask at the end of the interview. This will show that you're serious and have done your homework, for example you could say something like 'I see that there's an opportunity to do XYZ as part of the course, can you tell me more about that'. It might also be good to ask about extra curricular activities and opportunities too, to show you're keen to get involved.