Hillsborough - Who drove through mother duck and 7 ducklings?

Works at a car dealership but couldn't say whether the car was a VW or an Audi?

To be fair, I've had to run into the road at a pedestrian crossing to stop a dog being run down before.

The traffic was stopped, people crossed, the dog followed on a few metres behind and the lights changed, small dog, so it was quite clear to me that the drivers couldn't have seen it, and they were engaging gear and about to move.

I tried to cross a very busy road a man said to me there is a zebra crossing down the road I said to him I hope he is having better luck than me !

Works at a car dealership but couldn't say whether the car was a VW or an Audi?

Entirely possible.

(a) she’s a woman. A hysterical woman.

(b) Germanese binwagens such as VW Golf and Beetle, Seat Ibiza, Audi A3 and TT are practically the same car under the skin, but with a different badge on the front. And probably the Skoda Fabia too. Just don’t tell the neighbours.

Guest makapaka
The lady who reported it to the RSPCA has posted the reference number she was given on Sheffield Online. She's also advised that the surving ducklings were picked up by a Vet and are ok. It's good that she took the time to let people know what happened.

So many cynics and disbelievers on the forum, I can't imagine someone starting this thread for no reason. ?

I don't think people were disbelieving the event occurred.

Just that it was assuemed to be a malicious action with some oddballs immediately crying for the duck murderer to be beaten, hung etc. etc.

The lady who reported it to the RSPCA has posted the reference number she was given on Sheffield Online. She's also advised that the surving ducklings were picked up by a Vet and are ok. It's good that she took the time to let people know what happened.

So many cynics and disbelievers on the forum, I can't imagine someone starting this thread for no reason. ?

Come on, this is Sheffield Forum :hihi:

It could be that the OP is entirely correct, but the way it's described it's impossible to tell.

If for example they were 20 feet from the ducks and then drove them down, well, that's deliberate isn't it, and they should be prosecuted.

If they were 2 feet away then they almost certainly couldn't see them.

Come on, this is Sheffield Forum :hihi:

I like to give people the benefit of the the doubt. ?

What the driver did is not illegal.

Not right, not moral, not sane and rather sick I agree with all those if the driver was aware of their presence.

I was thinking about what legislation could be used to bring about a prosecution if the driver is identified.

careless or dangerous driving driving without consideration for other road users all of which carry heavier penalties if injury or death are caused. I'm not sure if victims hves to be human.

have to admit i would not be at all concerned if someone ran over that driver.

Ah, we are back to wishing death on the driver now. Classy.

Entirely possible.

(a) she’s a woman. A hysterical woman.

(b) Germanese binwagens such as VW Golf and Beetle, Seat Ibiza, Audi A3 and TT are practically the same car under the skin, but with a different badge on the front. And probably the Skoda Fabia too. Just don’t tell the neighbours.

Exactly, "under the skin".

But they look absolutely nowt like one another.

Anyway, I digress...

What the driver did is not illegal.

Not right, not moral, not sane and rather sick I agree with all those if the driver was aware of their presence.

I was thinking about what legislation could be used to bring about a prosecution if the driver is identified.

careless or dangerous driving driving without consideration for other road users all of which carry heavier penalties if injury or death are caused. I'm not sure if victims hves to be human.

have to admit i would not be at all concerned if someone ran over that driver.

I'm fairly sure that deliberately injuring animals is actually illegal.