I'm writing this on behalf for one of my closest Facebook friend I've copied and pasted her actual status from her profile and will put it on here to see if I can get her any information

Hi to you all im a Welsh woman but my mum came from Sheffield she was born in Queen Mary Road no 60 in 1934 my grandparents came from Sheffield surnames of Briggs and Blything my mother has passed away and i believe iv still got relatives living in Sheffield i dont know much except my grandfather Charles Briggs moved to South Wales when they built the steelwoks here in Port talbot as he used to work in the Sheffield steelworks when he left the Navy , im looking for as much info as possible on that address also pictures if possible xx

Elizabeth Blything born 1906 married Charles Briggs 19 Feb 1927. Trinity Church, Darnall

Her father was Frederick Blything - Charles father Jem Briggs.

Charles is down as Bricklayer

Witnesses Peter Jackson and Alice Briggs

1939 register shows Charles mother and father -

Jem Briggs 29 Oct 1871 Male Furnace Builder

Agnes Briggs 30 Oct 1871 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties

living47 Pipworth Road

1911 census show Jem being born Arnold Nottinghamshire

I can email you more information if required

Here is a link to a 1980s photo of Queen Mary Road on the "picturesheffield" site. The Kelly's directories I have from 1937 to 1942 show Charles Briggs at 60 Queen Mary Road, his occupation given as "bricklayer" (1931-37) and "foreman" (1940-42).

Here is a link to the 1939 Register entry for Charles and Elizabeth at 60 Queen Mary Road. It is partly taped-over but Photoshop reveals their occupations as "Bricklayer Furnace / HEAVY WORK" and "Unpaid Domestic Duties".

The births index shows five Briggs children born in Sheffield between 1927 and 1937 with the mother's maiden name given as Blything: Peter J. Briggs (Jul-Sep 1927), Elizabeth Briggs (Jul-Sep 1929), Dorothy M. Briggs (Jan-Mar 1932) Shirley A. Briggs (Oct-Dec 1934) and Charles A. Briggs (Jan-Mar 1937).

Elizabeth Blything born 1906 married Charles Briggs 19 Feb 1927. Trinity Church, Darnall

living47 Pipworth Road

if that's ok with you that wouldbe great xx

I'm writing this on behalf for one of my closest Facebook friend I've copied and pasted her actual status from her profile and will put it on here to see if I can get her any information

Hi to you all im a Welsh woman but my mum came from Sheffield she was born in Queen Mary Road no 60 in 1934 my grandparents came from Sheffield surnames of Briggs and Blything my mother has passed away and i believe iv still got relatives living in Sheffield i dont know much except my grandfather Charles Briggs moved to South Wales when they built the steelwoks here in Port talbot as he used to work in the Sheffield steelworks when he left the Navy , im looking for as much info as possible on that address also pictures if possible xx

Thank you Louise

---------- Post added 02-05-2018 at 13:32 ----------

Thank you Louise for posting my request for help :)

---------- Post added 02-05-2018 at 13:48 ----------

living47 Pipworth Road

yes you have all correct details there as soon as i can i will message you .

---------- Post added 03-05-2018 at 18:33 ----------

---------- Post added 03-05-2018 at 18:35 ----------

Here is a link to a 1980s photo of Queen Mary Road on the "picturesheffield" site. The Kelly's directories I have from 1937 to 1942 show Charles Briggs at 60 Queen Mary Road, his occupation given as "bricklayer" (1931-37) and "foreman" (1940-42).

Here is a link to the 1939 Register entry for Charles and Elizabeth at 60 Queen Mary Road. It is partly taped-over but Photoshop reveals their occupations as "Bricklayer Furnace / HEAVY WORK" and "Unpaid Domestic Duties".

The births index shows five Briggs children born in Sheffield between 1927 and 1937 with the mother's maiden name given as Blything: Peter J. Briggs (Jul-Sep 1927), Elizabeth Briggs (Jul-Sep 1929), Dorothy M. Briggs (Jan-Mar 1932) Shirley A. Briggs (Oct-Dec 1934) and Charles A. Briggs (Jan-Mar 1937).

Yes all this is correct

Edited by Buffy56