Bristol City v Sheffield United

Good post, Leons done nothing since signing his contract to be captain, Billy isn't a regular as you say anymore and jurys still out with Stearman for me, I say give it to Fleck

Fleck for me, we do need someone vocal in the middle of the pitch though

Would you believe it 2 ex managers have taken Cardiff up.

Why can't next season start now? The return of Freeman seems to have made a difference but the mystery of the missing midfielder, Ricky Holmes continues. Where have they buried his body? If Brookes can spend the summer break in the gym bulking himself up and Coutts is ready to play, it'll be like having 2 new players. Clarke and Sharpe might manage one more season but they really need to buy at least one more striker, although we've got Lavery waiting in the wings.

Next season, no Fleck, Brooks and O’Connell, maybe even more.

The mood music suggests strongly that Wilder is off to S’land, hope i’m wrong, if he stays think we’ll only lose Brooks

Good post.

Thanks Abbey. Have a great summer! :thumbsup::cool:

good post mate and a sensible one .Have a good summer Hotmail.

You too mate. Roll on August though! :cool:

Welcome back. :)

I've not been away Mr Dog, I've just not logged in except to post my last game thoughts, and analyse the carnage.

Have a good summer, and I'll be back to read your musings in August (hopefully). :cool:

Decent result and 3 good goals.

But if anyone could throw a 3 goal lead it is us haha.

It has been a good season and I am happy with the position we have finished in. That said, it is still disappointing to be where we are after such a good first half of the season.

The season ends with a meaningless game as regards United.

I have to say I'm quite pleased that that's as far as it goes, to see United in the Play Offs would have been a bit of a sickener.

That said, before a ball was kicked, I did say that United's squad of 16/18 would do very well in this League. Your 'all for one, one for all' Mantra was always destined to do you well. I've always said that a squad of 16 average players with a top attitude will always be better than a squad of 'better quality' players with an attitude that stinks. That's not just a Wednesday/United thing, that's true of football wherever it's played.

You've shown that you have a couple of decent players, one or two with a bit of consistency, and your desire and commitment has done you very well this season.

I expected Wednesday to spend almost all the season above you in the League, and with a kick up our players' jacksies and some commitment, I think that that's how it would have panned out.

The truth is, our 'better players' clocked off early doors, consequently got 'very badly injured' and our '2nd string' took some time to get going.

You've had a very good season (it could easily have been a great season) and you should be well proud of your lads and what they've done.

I'm not very good at making predictions, but I really can't see you doing so well next season. The doubt about Wilder can't be helping, but if he stays, your season will be far better than it will be should he leave.

Thanks to the Blades on here who haven't grouped me in with the 'I hate Wednesday' scenario (Are you listening Graps?) and for the ones who've conversed in a normal, proper manner.

Some of you, I'm afraid, have been almost impossible to work with.

The Norwich game has all the hallmarks of being an enjoyable (hopefully high scoring) game, and I hope you all enjoy it.

Have a great Summer break, and see you next season!! :thumbsup:

PS Can we have Freeman please?

Nice post Hottie and no you can't have Freeman!, he is a potential 10 goals a season player and we need him!

The first half of that game showed what we can do when we put our mind to it, three great goals, and Bristol City put up a battle in the second half.

I am usually a "down and back in a day" man, but decided to spend the weekend in Bristol with Mrs G, down Saturday morning, back Monday afternoon, what a great place, some cracking (but expensive!) bars and some great beers. The weather helped of course!

Have you been in that new/refurbished pub yet Hottie? Any good?

---------- Post added 09-05-2018 at 13:50 ----------

Decent result and 3 good goals.

But if anyone could throw a 3 goal lead it is us haha.

It has been a good season and I am happy with the position we have finished in. That said, it is still disappointing to be where we are after such a good first half of the season.

Coutts injury was a tough one for us to get over, and Freeman out for so long didn't help. In fact I think the only players who remained injury free all season were O'Connell and Basham? (maybe Flecky as well).

And fleck got himself a 3 game ban ha ha.

Yes true, that didn't help either! :hihi:

Yes true, that didn't help either! :hihi:

Hi Graps. One of your cohorts said we could have Freeman for a quid, so you're too late I'm afraid.

Not been in the Monkey yet, but we're Deffo gonna call in soon.

It looks class from the outside, I have to admit and Real Ales, Craft Ales and Continental bottles does it for me, even though I'll fall over after 3 pints....:hihi:

Hi Graps. One of your cohorts said we could have Freeman for a quid, so you're too late I'm afraid.

Not been in the Monkey yet, but we're Deffo gonna call in soon.

It looks class from the outside, I have to admit and Real Ales, Craft Ales and Continental bottles does it for me, even though I'll fall over after 3 pints....:hihi:

I saw pictures of the refurb job they did on the Monkey and it looked very nice, will give it a try myself soon as well.

Didn't realise we had sold you Freeman for a quid, very astute business from you!

Good post.

Good OP - to be honest haven't posted much on here this season due to the bickering and endless return to the same boring arguments, largely between the same few posters.

It looks like things have settled down a bit - so next season will be interesting for us both again.

[quote name=petcharlie

good post mate and a sensible one .Have a good summer Hotmail.[/quote]

This thread’s a good read.

A game that a few weeks ago looked like it might be crucial for both teams is a dead rubber. Let’s hope that it isn’t remembered as Wilder’s last game.

Didn't realise we had sold you Freeman for a quid, very astute business from you!

Thanks chaps for keeping this thread on an even keel.

It's not needed a Mod near it, so it must have gone ok.

Last game of the season but we achieved a very welcome cease fire from some of the usual suspects.

Yes Graps, someone on this very thread (since edited out) said 'yeah, you can have Freeman for a £1'

Earlier on in the season, he impressed me very much whenever I saw him, so I'm a bit taken aback that someone didn't rate him.

I'd have him at Hillsborough tomorrow. I'm not knocking our present right backs (ok, maybe one of them) but I'd always welcome quality to S6 and for me, Freeman fits the bill, whether at right back, or right midfield.

Cheers! You too.

Have you come back in a better frame of mind? Can I change my avatar and signature now? :):)