Unemployed bus passes

It's all to do with SYPTA and BOSSY, but First aren't to blame for the prices of TravelMasters and such. Nor are they to blame for the free travel for OAPs or U16s/students

You're wrong, islandman had it spot on. First have a large say in the price of the Travelmaster. For each price increase they also get more money. First give a promise that First tickets would not rise so what other ways can they get the money in??? The Travelmaster :thumbsup:

HI all

I don't think these passes are restricted to the unemployed. I think anyone who does work but is on a low income, or more specifically, anyone on Working Families Tax Credit, can get them also.

You are mistaken. Working tax credits and childrens tax credits are top ups to avoid people being 'listed' as in receipt of a benefit. They count for nothing.

Being in that bracket myself I don't get any concessions whatsover, not that I mind as that was the idea behind WTC, Childrens TC and Childcare TC.

Our pensioners shouldn't need subsidising, we should be paying them more money to do with what they wish.

We should be giving them more money to buy Toffee's.

That way, we would not have to listen to em harp on about Vera Lynn and how crap it was in the war years.

(And be able to leave the front door open) :rolleyes:

<<<<<<<<<< This has to be a goer

You are mistaken. Working tax credits and childrens tax credits are top ups to avoid people being 'listed' as in receipt of a benefit. They count for nothing.

Being in that bracket myself I don't get any concessions whatsover, not that I mind as that was the idea behind WTC, Childrens TC and Childcare TC.

We work 50 hours between us and have to also claim wtc and ctc, you are right they don't count towards most things although, we do get free persciptions and dental work. This is the first time I have heard about getting discounted travel.

so most of you people are saying that unemployed people are lazy s*ds and dont deserve a unemployed pass, so then lets ask this question how do you expect them to go for jobs or interviews if they dont have the bus pass what do you want them to do walk, oh so if they have to walk which is what would happen would you walk all the way say to doncaster or barnsley, the answer to that is know you wouldnt job interview or not and as for the guy who says he as been working since he was 15 what are you now 16 because with that attitude what you have got I wouldnt have you working with me. do you realise that most of the unemployed cant get jobs they are either too old or they havent got the qualifications to do the job, and before you all jump I am talking jobs like plumbers, electricians and so forth. also my son cant work due to ill health so all these other unemployed people who cant work because they are mental ill or in wheelchairs are lazy s*ds as well. I think this if you were to go on the unemployment you would find out how hard its to find jobs and how do you supose they are to live if they dont get there benefit's or there handouts so what I say is show this one to your work mates and have a laugh about it, but dont forget you could finnish up on the pile of unemployed or will that not happen to you as you are the son of GOD.

is he going to come back to this thread or not???????

My response is - GET A BLOODY JOB

I don't get reduced bus fares for being disabled - but I bloody work - even though I could have been signed off under incapacity benefit!

I HATE scrounges who live off the social.....AAAAARRRRRR!

* rant over

so most of you people are saying that unemployed people are lazy s*ds and dont deserve a unemployed pass, so then lets ask this question how do you expect them to go for jobs or interviews if they dont have the bus pass what do you want them to do walk, oh so if they have to walk which is what would happen would you walk all the way say to doncaster or barnsley, the answer to that is know you wouldnt job interview or not and as for the guy who says he as been working since he was 15 what are you now 16 because with that attitude what you have got I wouldnt have you working with me. do you realise that most of the unemployed cant get jobs they are either too old or they havent got the qualifications to do the job, and before you all jump I am talking jobs like plumbers, electricians and so forth. also my son cant work due to ill health so all these other unemployed people who cant work because they are mental ill or in wheelchairs are lazy s*ds as well. I think this if you were to go on the unemployment you would find out how hard its to find jobs and how do you supose they are to live if they dont get there benefit's or there handouts so what I say is show this one to your work mates and have a laugh about it, but dont forget you could finnish up on the pile of unemployed or will that not happen to you as you are the son of GOD.

we posted at the same time, but I missed this.....

you don't make any valid points. I've never been unemployed and neither has anyone I know.

I am registered as disabled yet i still work.

I have a friend in a wheelchair who is deformed and has no arms and legs, yet he still works as in his words he says, "i'm not a lazy sod".

So yes! I believe, if you do not work, and live on handouts and you have nothing else to do with your life then you're a lazy sod!

If you're a full time carer or something like that, fair enough, but remember there are many other people who are worse off who work harder to earn an honest days living.

We should be giving them more money to buy Toffee's.

That way, we would not have to listen to em harp on about Vera Lynn and how crap it was in the war years.

(And be able to leave the front door open) :rolleyes:

<<<<<<<<<< This has to be a goer

Well that is an option. They could just as easily use the money though towards running a car, thus staying off buses where you may be forced to sit hearing them winge... and it would also enable them to get away from you.

So old people moan and think it was better in the old days, its not much of a reason for keeping them in poverty.

to bjshooter you didnt know that you could get discounted travel, these off peak travel masters have been going for a very long time and when I say long I mean a good 20 years or maybe longer than that when they first came out,the cost of one was about £2.00 and it lasted you just like now for 7 days and you can use them all day saturday & sunday and all bank holidays. they are not valid before 09:00am monday to friday but they finnish on the last bus from the interchange ie before 12:00 midnight. all you need is proof that you are unemployed either with a letter from the SS or that you get income support then take a passport photo down with you and away you go free travel on the buses or trains or the trams anywhere in south yorkshire. I use to have one and I was never in the house I was out living it up and watching all the office people and the other soft people who work go to there jobs, while I could travel anywhere in south yorkshire in the hot summer months and have a cold beer sat outside the pub knowing that at the end of the week my giro would be here and I could carry on doing what I did. but all that came to a close when I started working for my self doing photography. so who is going to be the first one to jump on me about this what i have just wrote.

Sorry but you are mistaken, i issue these passes and have done for the past 5 years people do qualify who are in receipt of WORKING FAMILY TAX credit but those in receipt of just CHILD TAX CREDIT do not qualify. If you call into one of the travelshops and pick up the leaflet/speak to the staff they will clarify this. I myself wouldnt qualify as i only get Child TC but those on lower incomes receive child TC and Working Family TC and do qualify for an off peak travelmaster. Its difficult to understand but i give out this information on a daily basis so know all the ins and outs, most people dont even realise they qualify under this ruling.

We work 50 hours between us and have to also claim wtc and ctc, you are right they don't count towards most things although, we do get free persciptions and dental work. This is the first time I have heard about getting discounted travel.

Call into one of the travel shops (TIC's) and pick up a leaflet, with the leaflet is an application form that tells you if you are in receipt of Working Family TC then you are entitled to an Off Peak travelmaster.

Hi Viking,

and most of us still have our own teeth due to no sweets during the -- WAR,

so would not have to suck the toffees. ugh:gag:

hazel