Unemployed bus passes

jen13kd for your information I work for a living and have done for the past 20 years and i will still be working when I am 70 years old and above, thats if I live that long. I shall not retire but just carry on working until I cant work anymore but even if I did retire I will not except that i would get free travel on the buses because I would pay for my fare. so my answer to you is stopping getting on your high horse good look to you that you are working you are one of the lucky people, but just think about all the millions of unemployed people who cant get a job and why cant they get a job because this all stems from the days of maggie thatcher when she was the prime minster, the iron maiden or tin knickers as we use to call her took it on her self with her other cronnies in the conservative party to start and shut down all the coal mines, then the steel works copied it and so forth so just look at the jobs what was lost there. also she even started the 3 day working week what she nearly did is bring this country to a stand still what with all the jobs what was losted. so my answer to the unemployed is I back them all the way and lets hope they carry on getting there free bus travel, free specs and so forth they also do have to go with out things what you people can afford who are working.so lets just hope you dont finnish up on the scrap heap

so most of you people are saying that unemployed people are lazy s*ds and dont deserve a unemployed pass, so then lets ask this question how do you expect them to go for jobs or interviews if they dont have the bus pass what do you want them to do walk, oh so if they have to walk which is what would happen would you walk all the way say to doncaster or barnsley, the answer to that is know you wouldnt job interview or not and as for the guy who says he as been working since he was 15 what are you now 16 because with that attitude what you have got I wouldnt have you working with me. do you realise that most of the unemployed cant get jobs they are either too old or they havent got the qualifications to do the job, and before you all jump I am talking jobs like plumbers, electricians and so forth. also my son cant work due to ill health so all these other unemployed people who cant work because they are mental ill or in wheelchairs are lazy s*ds as well. I think this if you were to go on the unemployment you would find out how hard its to find jobs and how do you supose they are to live if they dont get there benefit's or there handouts so what I say is show this one to your work mates and have a laugh about it, but dont forget you could finnish up on the pile of unemployed or will that not happen to you as you are the son of GOD.

The only post I can find with any ref. to someone working since they were 15 is sheshe.

If you check out her profile you will see that she is now 63 not 16.

Also in her post she says that she is still working.

so most of you people are saying that unemployed people are lazy s*ds and dont deserve a unemployed pass, so then lets ask this question how do you expect them to go for jobs or interviews if they dont have the bus pass what do you want them to do walk, oh so if they have to walk which is what would happen would you walk all the way say to doncaster or barnsley, the answer to that is know you wouldnt job interview or not and as for the guy who says he as been working since he was 15 what are you now 16 because with that attitude what you have got I wouldnt have you working with me. do you realise that most of the unemployed cant get jobs they are either too old or they havent got the qualifications to do the job, and before you all jump I am talking jobs like plumbers, electricians and so forth. also my son cant work due to ill health so all these other unemployed people who cant work because they are mental ill or in wheelchairs are lazy s*ds as well. I think this if you were to go on the unemployment you would find out how hard its to find jobs and how do you supose they are to live if they dont get there benefit's or there handouts so what I say is show this one to your work mates and have a laugh about it, but dont forget you could finnish up on the pile of unemployed or will that not happen to you as you are the son of GOD.

I don't think people are disputing the fact that some people aren't able to work are they? And as for the unemployed not being able to get a job, I don't think thats true, there are lots of jobs you can do without qualifications, or alongside courses that train you to do the job you really want.

The fares for travel to job interviews can be claimed back. Simple. So what else do they need the bus pass for?

The fares for travel to job interviews can be claimed back. Simple. So what else do they need the bus pass for?

Having worked in a jobcentre (and now a full time Dad) , IF there is an interview, and IF it can be verified, and IF it's in the local 'travel to work' area, travel expenses can be claimed back pretty quickly (further afield needs prior verification), or even given out before the interview takes place.

However, for a lot of people who are out of work, and not having a job interview in an office, it could be a case that they need to go pretty quickly to a factory, foundry, garden centre, it doesn't matter; they need to get there to get their new job; often it's a case of 'turn up, and you can have the job'. I'm sorry if that seems patronising, it's not meant to be at all.

Some families also need to be able to travel to take their kids to school functions, get to hospital appointments, etc. And any adults involved may have worked for years before too, so not just the stereotypical 'doley's'.

It really isn't so black and white. There will always be spongers, and there will always be people who work from 16 to whenever pension age may be soon. At £10.50 for a very versatile pass, it seems pretty reasonable, mind.

When i was unfortunate enough to be unemployed this ticket helped me heck loads to go to interviews. The money i saved helped me get Interview Clothes so i could get a job.

I think everyone has gotten the wrong end of the stick here.

There is the all day travel master and the off peak. For people who don't need to board a bus before 9am etc. So in theory its not for the 'unemployed' its for anyone who travels off peak.

You are mistaken. Working tax credits and childrens tax credits are top ups to avoid people being 'listed' as in receipt of a benefit. They count for nothing.

Being in that bracket myself I don't get any concessions whatsover, not that I mind as that was the idea behind WTC, Childrens TC and Childcare TC.

Hi fox20thc,

My post was confirmed by Maddison K. Straight from the horses mouth as it were. If you are in receipt of this 'benefit', and you want a pass, then you are entitled.

Edit: Sorry Maddison K, you had already responded. Didn't read your post before I replied.

I am not knocking the pass itself, it's a good idea in theory, but just the automatic response of the original poster that it's gone up in price to cover the pension pass. Always the first group to get the blame for ANYTHING it seems.:rant:

I know I'm not in sheffield now, (I left in 85 because there werent any jobs around then that I wanted to do), but pensioners aren't totally exclusive to Sheffield, so this is why I am responding.

You have, so far as I recall, always been able to claim travelling expenses to go for an interview but you still had to get there first and then claim it back, so this way is better, and it's only gone up by a pound and,unless it's a weekly one, just being used as and when you are job hunting, then it's great.:thumbsup:

Can I just add that if anyone wanted a job bad enough they could get one. Sorry all this no qualification stuff doesnt wash with me I know plenty of unqualified people that work.

I apologise!

To purchase an Off-Peak Travelmaster you will need to come in person to any Travel Information Centre bringing some proof of address, proof of your qualifying benefit, and a passport sized photograph. We may ask you to get a form signed by your benefit office if your proof is not up to date.

You may qualify for an off-peak TravelMaster if you are:

Unemployed and available for work

In receipt of Incapacity Benefit

In receipt of Severe Disablement Allowance

In receipt of Working Tax Credit or Child Tax Credit and you qualify for free prescriptions and other NHS services because of your low income

In receipt of Income Support.

Can I just add that if anyone wanted a job bad enough they could get one. Sorry all this no qualification stuff doesnt wash with me I know plenty of unqualified people that work.

Yep - they'll be replacing John Prescott soon :hihi: