Chris Wilder interview, Praise or Grumble.

The co-chairman at united have just had the best possible opportunity to back the manager and the club, they haven’t taken it. Something drastic needs to happen and quickly or the demise could be a very quick and painful one.

I agree the timing of the power struggle could not be worse.Wilder is the best manager we have had in 20 years and the board have just shot him in the foot.Of course he will be p----d off he has single handed turn the club around and given it back to the fans.I think the prince should walk away because if Wilder goes because of the princes stirring it the fans will never take to him.Could it take another twenty years to find the right manager?While ever this goes on they will not commit funds for players if they think they will not be here next year and if things do go pear shaped on the pitch I hope the fans do not blame Wilder but those in the ivory towers.

yup, choosing new managers is always a gamble, hes done well, the board are idiotic if they drive him out.

I agree with your analysis of Wilder. He’s done an amazing job and United need to do all that they can to keep him. Personally, I’d like to see him gone as soon as possible:D

Getting rid of the Prince won’t sort out the underlying issue, which is funding. McCabe is already owed £100m and he’s not going to be putting his hand in his pocket to pay for the kind of players you need.

The best hope for United is that the two men sort their differences. McCabe gets most of his money back and the Prince gives the manager enough cash to move forward.

It is either that or a long haul to find someone else willing to put up the cash.

I agree with MOST of your comments and for an owl saying you would like to see him gone underlines the job he has done.I would personally like to see the back of the prince I have always had a feeling of mistrust of the man ever since he arrived.It must be old age and the wisdom that comes with being on this planet for decades you tend to smell a rat long before other younger people.

I agree with MOST of your comments and for an owl saying you would like to see him gone underlines the job he has done.I would personally like to see the back of the prince I have always had a feeling of mistrust of the man ever since he arrived.It must be old age and the wisdom that comes with being on this planet for decades you tend to smell a rat long before other younger people.

The problem is he won't be going anywhere until someone buys him out and he'll want more than £1. He's probably put in getting on for £20m by now, he might take less, he might want more or he might be deadly serious about taking control. Nobody outside the club knows.

Takeover bids are not an uncommon outcome within joint ownership enterprises but Kevin McCabe is an experienced businessman and would have known that it was a possibility when he sold half of the football club.

Thing is,does he want to buy Blades Leisure,or that part and the stadium from Scarborough?....I don't think we know that yet.

If The Prince does take control of the leisure part only,there is the possibility,and I am sure McCabe will be alive to this,that the team could be split from the stadium in an MK Dons-Wimbledon franchise style way.

If relations remained strained,what is there to stop the Prince from doing a deal with say Coventry or MK Dons,he has a stadium to play in,they get a Championship position,and McCabe has an empty stadium and is looking at starting a team in the umpteenth tier of football for Blades fans to support under a name and guise of something like SUFC.

Thing is,does he want to buy Blades Leisure,or that part and the stadium from Scarborough?....I don't think we know that yet.

If The Prince does take control of the leisure part only,there is the possibility,and I am sure McCabe will be alive to this,that the team could be split from the stadium in an MK Dons-Wimbledon franchise style way.

If relations remained strained,what is there to stop the Prince from doing a deal with say Coventry or MK Dons,he has a stadium to play in,they get a Championship position,and McCabe has an empty stadium and is looking at starting a team in the umpteenth tier of football for Blades fans to support under a name and guise of something like SUFC.

We can live in hope that that all happens :hihi::hihi:

I said it before...a couple of times, no baiting, just what i think, THIS was their best time to get to the playoffs. a couple of decent signings in january mightve pushed them over the line.

Relying on the next season might not give a similar result, look at us this season :(

Listening to POG and other statements Wilder has recently made, you get the feeling he may not be at Bramall Lane next season. This will alert other clubs.

---------- Post added 29-04-2018 at 13:54 ----------

In hindsight, has the Blades' season been THAT good? Better than expected, yes. We in S6 are disappointed to have lost 17 games. Same number as in S2.

I looked at that stat too. I know it's all 'ifs and buts' but there has been far too many points dropped by giving away goals in the last few minutes of games.

yup, choosing new managers is always a gamble, hes done well, the board are idiotic if they drive him out.

Well if they do lose him they should think about beefing up the security on the directors box.Unlike other managers before him Wilder has the support of the fans and will point the fingers of blame solely in the direction of the board and I can not see that being just a few shoes flying about.

If Carlsberg did a dream scenario....:hihi:

If Carlsberg did a dream scenario....:hihi:

He's vehemently against investing in a club so that will be ideal for him (and us) :hihi::hihi:

If that happens I'll abseil naked down from the south stand.

Not listened to the interview, as my internet connect here is terrible, but I've got the gist of everything said.

Few views from me.

It looks like he is trying to force the boards hand. But he does need to be careful.

He has chosen the players in January and of the 4, there is only one who has given us a decent return.

Wilder has been fantadyic for us in the short time he has been our mamager, but that doesn't give him carte Blanche to say what he wants in public. Sometimes you don't need to publicly have a go at people. It's akin to girls on Facebook posting status' about the kids dad's not stepping up to the plate.