Chris Wilder interview, Praise or Grumble.

Would be gutted if he goes but I take my hat off to him for telling us the truth

It doesn't have to be about money. Ian Porterfield dropped down a league to go to a bigger club.

True. Sunderland are a bigger club than everyone in our league except for Villa and Leeds.

There are plenty of reasons for him to leave.

It doesn't have to be about money. Ian Porterfield dropped down a league to go to a bigger club.

Before I was even born.

The game has changed a lot since the 80s and while I don't doubt there will be occasions where a manager will drop a division to join a bigger team, the disparity between a team like the Blades and the Miller's is far larger than that of the Blades and Sunderland...

Sunderland have a bigger stadium, parachute payments, potential for decent crowds and a decent history of being in the premier league, overall decent history.

But the cons for me, outweigh the pros.

A team on back to back relegations, a ridiculously high wage bill, a team devoid of confidence, dwindling supporters, an owner who wilder has previously had run ins before with.

I just don't see it.

Sunderland have a clean slate,no debt,and a parachute payment of 60M comming in,its a clean slate,the crap can be paid up and it barely makes a dent,its a fantastic opportunity,they can quite easily sell out for a sucessfull team,the towns fanatical for its team 42K every week.

Their eagre to get on with the job of rebuilding,Id expect the new boss to be installed soon,McCarthy would be my bet,hes still well thought of up there

Different proposition from a few weeks ago, if he's willing to drop a league then it could well happen. The board should get their differences sorted before he has enough of it all

Let's be honest, nobody knows what CW is going to do. He probably doesn't either. More than likely he will play it by ear and make a decision when the time is right . Good luck to him!

Yep, he doesn't know what he's doing, got to agree there.

Glad he has 'commited ' his future to the Blades.

The budget is also sorted for the upcoming season, so let's get on with business and improving ourselves.

Glad to see Chris wilder look like he’s staying with the blades let’s hope he now gets the cash to bring in some quality experienced players but on a big negative

There’s still no guarantee he has stay with the blades if Sunderland offer more money to him and a better package just makes it a bit more troublesome for Sunderland to land him

I think Chris Wilder needs to drag out his decision a bit longer, so the Wednesday fans on here have something to talk about.

I think it's quite clear he's off!

Not for a while it seems.

I think it's quite clear he's off!

Got that one right then :)