Chris Wilder interview, Praise or Grumble.

However you dress it up not sufficiently backing Wilder in January was a monumental error, there’s no guarantee it would have worked (there never is in football) but you wouldn’t now have a man who’s possibly looking for a way out of the club.

Already answered that in post 78,so I'm not going to go round in circles with it.

I was responding to post 78...:huh:

But leave it there... i've made my point..

---------- Post added 30-04-2018 at 12:31 ----------

However you dress it up not sufficiently backing Wilder in January was a monumental error, there’s no guarantee it would have worked (there never is in football) but you wouldn’t now have a man who’s possibly looking for a way out of the club.

Yes but they finished above millionaires apparently..:hihi:

Who's been the best value for money so far in your opinion?

If Madine hadn't set up that goal at the lane Fulham would be where Cardiff are now.

Should Cardiff go up (and with Reading at home they should) then Warnock will be laughing and Madine's fee will look like chicken feed.

....oh and Barnsley still have a lot to do.

If Madine hadn't set up that goal at the lane Fulham would be where Cardiff are now.

Should Cardiff go up (and with Reading at home they should) then Warnock will be laughing and Madine's fee will look like chicken feed.

....oh and Barnsley still have a lot to do.

My point is that there is business to be done without spending millions,good business that gets results.Our rivals are getting ahead of us on and off the pitch if we are not getting value for money in our recruitment and they are,which happened in the JTW.

While Wilder has worked wonders with these players,McCabe can point to the JTW and ask what happened to the money,and the players brought in,when players like McBurnie and Tomlin were available if we were more savvy in our dealings and got on the track of these players and others like them.

Whether Wilder stays or goes,this has to be looked at in the next window and beyond,we need to sharpen up there.

I was responding to post 78...:huh:

But leave it there... i've made my point..

---------- Post added 30-04-2018 at 12:31 ----------

Yes but they finished above millionaires apparently..:hihi:

Its a real dilemma for some posters on here, if he doesn't get the backing they'll lose the best manager they've had since Warnock and if he does get backing it will go against all the principles they've posted about out not spending money for the last few years, its a tough one :hihi::hihi:

Wilder is possibly looking for a way out because of boardroom uncertainty and the possibility of boardroom meddling in future,not because of what happened in January,Wilder made the mistakes in January,not the board.

So going from perennial relegation strugglers to two top 6 finishes isn't an improvement :hihi::hihi: we've had a bad un this season but signs for the coming seasons are good, don't talk rubbish.

OH DEAR HAVE I HIT A NERVE .IT TAKES VERY LITTLE ON HERE FOR A BITE.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Its a real dilemma for some posters on here, if he doesn't get the backing they'll lose the best manager they've had since Warnock and if he does get backing it will go against all the principles they've posted about out not spending money for the last few years, its a tough one :hihi::hihi:

We didn't need to spend big money to get out of the pub league,Wilder already proved that.

We didn't need to spend big money to get out of the pub league,Wilder already proved that.

No, just six years of trying.

No, just six years of trying.

With the wrong managers,Wilder got it right,same players,got rid of some,brought some in for peanuts,wins division by a mile.

Wilder is possibly looking for a way out because of boardroom uncertainty and the possibility of boardroom meddling in future,not because of what happened in January,Wilder made the mistakes in January,not the board.

Quote - I hope the board back my ambition in the transfer window - unquote.

Quote - I hope the board back my ambition in the transfer window - unquote.

I hope McCabe asks him why he did what he did with the money and why he brought in players who he rarely played,and also what about the good business other clubs did with similar or worse budgets.

Now for next season,I don't know what other Blades think,but I would like the Board to make around 5 MIL available and raise the wage structure,and hope Wilder can come up with the goods.He has to be trusted to spend bigger,we need it to progress next season and give us the chance of another go at the play offs,if Wilder doesn't get something like that assurance,I would back him to walk.

Edited by chalga