Chris Wilder interview, Praise or Grumble.

Wilder has done great for blades in the last 2 years and he's covering himself imho, I if he stays he's got to be backed, if he goes he can always point the finger at the board for not backing him, but hes got to be careful hes only managed at a lower level, successful, yes in the last 2 years, but its been all plain sailing up to the last few months where blades have had a loss of form and not been able to correct it, maybe at a lower premier club, which is the best he can hope for if he moves, he would have been sacked by now on the last 3/4 months showing. He need to be careful how far he can push things, if he does have something else lined up then imho again he should just shut up and go, he'll be another Warnock!

If that happens I'll abseil naked down from the south stand.

Not listened to the interview, as my internet connect here is terrible, but I've got the gist of everything said.

Few views from me.

It looks like he is trying to force the boards hand. But he does need to be careful.

He has chosen the players in January and of the 4, there is only one who has given us a decent return.

Wilder has been fantadyic for us in the short time he has been our mamager, but that doesn't give him carte Blanche to say what he wants in public. Sometimes you don't need to publicly have a go at people. It's akin to girls on Facebook posting status' about the kids dad's not stepping up to the plate.

Maybe he only chose the players in January that his allocated budget allowed him to.

Maybe he only chose the players in January that his allocated budget allowed him to.

He has targeted 2 of the 4 for a long time now. Neither has done anything of note so far.

He has targeted 2 of the 4 for a long time now. Neither has done anything of note so far.

To be fair though at the time these players were targetted consolidation was the aim, the start of the season showed much more than that could be achieved and he did say he hoped the board matched his ambition in January. When he sees the good gates the club are getting and money coming in from previous transfers and he's managing on a shoe string you can understand his frustration.

Poor choice by buying them and not playing them,he has questions to answer on why,other teams did better on the same kind of budget,look at what Millwall did.

We can live in hope that that all happens :hihi::hihi:

I posted similar about when Mandaric bought Wednesday. Post disappeared immediately, yet your's survives. Tells you a lot about this forum unfortunately.

I posted similar about when Mandaric bought Wednesday. Post disappeared immediately, yet your's survives. Tells you a lot about this forum unfortunately.

You joined around 5 years after the Manderic takeover ;-)

To be fair though at the time these players were targetted consolidation was the aim, the start of the season showed much more than that could be achieved and he did say he hoped the board matched his ambition in January. When he sees the good gates the club are getting and money coming in from previous transfers and he's managing on a shoe string you can understand his frustration.

Wilder still continued after these players even when the aim was different.

If he didn't think they could push us on, then he shouldn't have signed them.

His choice, not the boards.

The only facts we can go on is that he got the players in he wanted and the board backed him with those funds.

As for being a shoe string budget, it's hardly that. A loss is returned each year.

Wilder has done great for blades in the last 2 years and he's covering himself imho, I if he stays he's got to be backed, if he goes he can always point the finger at the board for not backing him, but hes got to be careful hes only managed at a lower level, successful, yes in the last 2 years, but its been all plain sailing up to the last few months where blades have had a loss of form and not been able to correct it, maybe at a lower premier club, which is the best he can hope for if he moves, he would have been sacked by now on the last 3/4 months showing. He need to be careful how far he can push things, if he does have something else lined up then imho again he should just shut up and go, he'll be another Warnock!

I don't see anything wrong in him speaking out,this shows that he doesn't want to go,he wants things above to be sorted so that he gets a fair crack here,at his own club.This is perfect for him if it gets sorted how he wants,but although he says he isn't trying to pick a fight,if the Prince gets control,he will be off for sure,because he won't put up with meddling from above.

To be fair it was a united poster that painted the gloomy picture, we were just jokingly saying we hope it happens.

---------- Post added 30-04-2018 at 10:06 ----------

The only facts we can go on is that he got the players in he wanted and the board backed him with those funds.

As for being a shoe string budget, it's hardly that. A loss is returned each year.

If thats the only budget he had its all he could have done. Signing new players gives the club a lift usually, signing no one would have sent out very negative vibes.

I understand what you are saying but if they want to push on to the next stage they have to mix the current playing staff with some proven top quality players to and that would cost money.I think such as Lenard and Holmes will given time prove good buys but they could do with a pre season with Wilder .The point is Utd have some good players who are in the last throws of their careers in the name of Duffy ,Sharp ,Clarke and they will need replacing shortly which will cost money.It all depends on who is spending it .Football is littered with clubs who have pushed the boat out regarding paying big money and ending up regretting it .Coventry, Bolton,Blackburn,Hull,Sunderland,Sheff Wed.Have all been in there without any improvement ,some have gone backwards some nearly gone bust.Blackpool is another who not so long age had only 6 players on the books and not knowing where the other players were coming from so caution is a must when you have to start spending more than you ever had to before and remember you can still pay big money for a STAR and still get garbage.So having a manager who knows his stuff is a must and I just hope the board at Sheff 2 understand they have one already.

I understand what you are saying but if they want to push on to the next stage they have to mix the current playing staff with some proven top quality players to and that would cost money.I think such as Lenard and Holmes will given time prove good buys but they could do with a pre season with Wilder .The point is Utd have some good players who are in the last throws of their careers in the name of Duffy ,Sharp ,Clarke and they will need replacing shortly which will cost money.It all depends on who is spending it .Football is littered with clubs who have pushed the boat out regarding paying big money and ending up regretting it .Coventry, Bolton,Blackburn,Hull,Sunderland,Sheff Wed.Have all been in there without any improvement ,some have gone backwards some nearly gone bust.Blackpool is another who not so long age had only 6 players on the books and not knowing where the other players were coming from so caution is a must when you have to start spending more than you ever had to before and remember you can still pay big money for a STAR and still get garbage.So having a manager who knows his stuff is a must and I just hope the board at Sheff 2 understand they have one already.

Correct,and we don't know who was available in the transfer window even if Wilder had millions to throw at a player,or if that player would have got us to the play offs,it's all conjecture,but let's look at 2 players who were available in the window;

Madine went for 5MIL,McBurnie went on loan,which of the 2 players has been the biggest success in terms of goals scored?.....nobody can say that Warnock paying millions for Madine has made sure of their promotion,from what I have seen,he has had little influence,but if Barnsley stay up,McBurnie for pocket money has been a key influence in terms of goals scored.

So going from perennial relegation strugglers to two top 6 finishes isn't an improvement :hihi::hihi: we've had a bad un this season but signs for the coming seasons are good, don't talk rubbish.