Sign in to follow this  

Do It Thissen Records - new record label

New release on the label is about to drop: catalogue no. DIT-009 7" lathe-cut single by Sheffield band Naguals - "Let It Go" / "D.R.I."  An edition of 50, most are sold out on  pre-order., but a few have been held back for sale at the launch gig to be held at Delicious Clam on Friday 21st June.  Support is from Leeds band HAMER and Sheffield act Death Rays of Ardilla

Naguals return to the Clam  on Tuesday 25th June to support Aussie punk band Amyl  and the Sniffers ... although this gig is now sold out

The next planned release on Do It Thissen is a four-track EP entitled "Mzylkypop presents Xzyles", which will feature collaborations between Sheffield band Mzylkypop and  Sheffield Xzyles  (exiles) Stephen Mallinder (ex- Cabaret Voltaire),  Adi Newton (The Future/ClockDVA) and Peter Hope (The Box).  The fourth track is a remix by Dean Honer (International Teachers of Pop) of the Stephen Mallinder track.  This will be a vinyl pressing in an edition of 300

As always, news from the label appears first on the Facebook page (scroll up for link), so please 'like' the  FB page to be kept completely up to date.

On 19/06/2019 at 19:14, e3sa934 said:

New release on the label is about to drop: catalogue no. DIT-009 7" lathe-cut single by Sheffield band Naguals - "Let It Go" / "D.R.I."  An edition of 50, most are sold out on  pre-order., but a few have been held back for sale at the launch gig to be held at Delicious Clam on Friday 21st June.  Support is from Leeds band HAMER and Sheffield act Death Rays of Ardilla

Naguals return to the Clam  on Tuesday 25th June to support Aussie punk band Amyl  and the Sniffers ... although this gig is now sold out

The next planned release on Do It Thissen is a four-track EP entitled "Mzylkypop presents Xzyles", which will feature collaborations between Sheffield band Mzylkypop and  Sheffield Xzyles  (exiles) Stephen Mallinder (ex- Cabaret Voltaire),  Adi Newton (The Future/ClockDVA) and Peter Hope (The Box).  The fourth track is a remix by Dean Honer (International Teachers of Pop) of the Stephen Mallinder track.  This will be a vinyl pressing in an edition of 300

As always, news from the label appears first on the Facebook page (scroll up for link), so please 'like' the  FB page to be kept completely up to date.

... and you can hear that Dean Honer remix track right now, here: https://doitthissenrecords.bandcamp.com/album/dit-008-mzylkypop-presents-xzyles

Just to bring you up to date, there have been a couple of new releases in the last week or so:

"I was a teenage Brexit thwarter" by Mzylkypop ... Listen here!

"The Apocalypso Now! EP" by Captain Avery & the Cosmic Triceratops of Intergalactic Peace ... Listen here!

Several more releases in the pipeline for the next few months, including a 7" single of noisy psychedelic rock, and an 10" EP of 'dungeon synth' tracks

Edited by e3sa934
missing word

End of year update:

Turns out we released 20 records in the past 12 months!  All lathe-cuts in limited edition hand made in Sheffield...

Here they are, in catalogue number order

DIT-006   Smaragdus - Hen Lefydd Ynys Môn 10" EP
DIT-015   Captain Avery & The Cosmic Triceratops Of Intergalactic Peace - Apocalypso Now! 10"  EP
DIT-016   Naguals  - Hypochondria  7" single
DIT-017   Blanchard - Holy Sh*t 12" EP
DIT-019   Dead Cosmonauts - We Sent Fragile Creatures To The Heavens … 12" EP
DIT-020   The Mourning After Every Single Day 2x7" singles
DIT-021   My Lo-Fi Heart - Hold My Breath 7" EP
DIT-022   Analogue Electronic Whatever - 3+3 10" EP
DIT-023   Sister Wives - Gweler Ein Gofid 10" EP
DIT-024   Beam Weapons Unterirdischko ‎ 7" single
DIT-025   Sydney Herds / Willow Layne  - Bingo Thissen 7" EP
DIT-026   Polyhymns - Hybrid Sunday 10" EP
DIT-027   Pulselovers - Northern Minimalism 2 10" EP
DIT-028   Mzylkypop - I Was A Teenage Brexit Thwarter 7" single
DIT-029   Horse Verse - Round & 7" EP
DIT-031   The Pony Harvest - Bi-Czar 7" single
DIT-032   Analogue Electronic Whatever - Head Full Of Facts 7" EP
DIT-033/WRW-002 Scented Cartridge - Wonderful Christmas 5" single
DIT-034   Various Artists - A Very Clammy Christmas 10" EP
WRW-001   Hamer - A New State Of Imaginary Hell 7" EP

Most are available to listen to for free, one or two physical copies remain ...  https://doitthissenrecords.bandcamp.com/music 

More great releases planned for 2021

Still here! And pretty busy over the (nearly) three years since I last posted.  Now up to sixty releases, most of them short runs of lathe-cut records - all made in Sheffield.

For release DIT-059, I've pushed the boat out and stumped up for a pressed vinyl LP in an edition of 150.  It's clear vinyl with blue and orange 'splatter'.  I'll post a photo when they arrive. 

It's an album by Sheffield band Dead Cosmonauts called "Parasomnia" - forty minutes of post-metal (mostly instrumental) music, and you can listen to the ten minute closing track of side one, here Dead Cosmonauts - "Parasomnia" . Buy the LP if you like it - copies expected to land here mid month.

On 05/11/2023 at 19:18, e3sa934 said:

Still here! And pretty busy over the (nearly) three years since I last posted.  Now up to sixty releases, most of them short runs of lathe-cut records - all made in Sheffield.

For release DIT-059, I've pushed the boat out and stumped up for a pressed vinyl LP in an edition of 150.  It's clear vinyl with blue and orange 'splatter'.  I'll post a photo when they arrive. 

It's an album by Sheffield band Dead Cosmonauts called "Parasomnia" - forty minutes of post-metal (mostly instrumental) music, and you can listen to the ten minute closing track of side one, here Dead Cosmonauts - "Parasomnia" . Buy the LP if you like it - copies expected to land here mid month.

... and here it is, hot off the press, yesterday (at Press On Vinyl of Middlesbrough)

402453600_826578102801609_28342497301853