I've quit smoking!

Yah. Two weeks tomorrow! :)

I never thought I would....but I have.

Please keep offering me one when though when we're out, I need to practice saying 'No thanks, I don't smoke' :hihi:

I have to say, I feel alot better for it!

Stagey x

Good for you, and just think of the money you will save. :thumbsup:

Wow! Well done love!

Giving up isn't the kind of thing you regret- everything from how much better you feel to the extra money in your bank account will give you the willpower to keep it up.

Next time I see you remind me to congratulate you some more!

Pete and Medusa,

To be honest, money wasn't really one of my motivations for stopping. Plus, I've spent that much money this last week, that I couldn't possibly have noticed any benefit whatsoever anyway.....:hihi:

All the surrounding issues for stopping were far more important, and I have to say that I'm really starting to feel the benefit already.

Yes I'm finding it very difficult at times, and I dare say that I will for some time, but I'm doing ok, and taking one day at a time.

:)

Stagey x

Good on you sTaGeWaLkEr. :thumbsup:

I stopped 8 years ago next month, one of the best decisions I ever made.

Good Luck!

Thanks Ally :)

Like I say, one day at a time...

Well done you!

x

its difficult to stop smoking and its just as difficult staying stopped...but its well worth it...i stopped 7 years ago and its the best thing i ever did...it didnt stop me getting cancer because the damage was done but i know if i had carried on i would be dead now..believe me i promise you theres nothing can prepare you for what they tell you when the results of the biopsies come back...and they dont mince their words..they give it to you straight...i was told i had eighteen months but they would do their best to save me...and because of the nhs i made a full recovery.. i always remember them telling me....you have a malignant tumour in your throat...i will never forgive myself because it says on the packet what they do.previous to that i had never suffered anything..i believed it would never happen to me..then one day..a little difficulty swallowing...my voice started to fade..got worse as the weeks went by..and all the time..the feeling i had some apple skin down my throat and it just wouldnt cough up...youre doing well..please please dont ever think of going back to them :thumbsup:

Keep going

I stopped 3 years ago and it is the best think I have done

Well done :thumbsup:

Good for you, and just think of the money you will save. :thumbsup:

Think more of the lives you will not be cutting short by not blowing all the poison over people who don't smoke.

PS Well done keep it up. :thumbsup:

Good for you. I stopped 10 years ago but have recently started again. I only have about 5 a week but I really enjoy them and would miss them now. Stick with it, The best thing is that food tastes so much better.

well done and congrats!!! i bet you are feeling better already!

i quit 3 weeks ago due to a bad throat infection that has now cleared up. but i fell off the wagon at the weekend and had about 15 but im a quitter again!! DONT QUIT QUITTING!!! well done!! :thumbsup::)

Well done SW! :clap:

if you get an urge you can always have a crafty pinch o' snuff :thumbsup: