BLADES-PRESTON-Last home game.

Easiest thing in the world saying we should spend “x” ammount in january . Much more difficult coming up with the players.

I think Leeds spent around £7mil on 2 players and it didnt do them much good.

Was just going to point that out,hardly anybody in the division did noteable business,but the one who looks like they spent the most went nowhere,Leeds.

Most of the business was loans,because clubs do not want to let players go in January,and the clubs wanting to buy pay over the odds to get what they want because sellers know they can up the price.

Plenty thought we had done well in January,me included,but it didn't work out.

SHEFFIELD UNITED‘WILDER DESERVES HUGE CREDIT’ – HAVE SHEFFIELD UNITED DONE THE BEST BUSINESS OF CHAMPIONSHIP CLUBS IN THE WINDOW SO FAR?

Edited by chalga

We have had a far better season than we could have hoped for in August and we have one of the best managers outside of the Prem.I believe if he had been backed with proper funds in January we would be in the play offs now.Do the Board want to be in the Prem?I am not to sure they do.Yes you get loads of money thrown at you but that is largely off set by transfer fees and wages.The speed Wilder as turned this club around is amazing and I think it has given the board cold feet.The are afraid of been dragged into the real world and I think they are happy while they are getting 25 to 28 thousand into the ground.Wilders ambitions are larger than the boards in my opinion and he will not be short of offers if he decides he has done all he can at the Lane.There are clubs out there that would snap him up I have no doubt about that.If he is driven out then I think the prince would have to go to .The fans would never take to him having instigated the unrest that has resulted in losing Wilder.Wilder is the biggest asset the Blades have got and all the hard work he has done could all unravel and that would not be forgiven by the fans if they thought the Prince was to blame.

I posted something similar a week or two ago Chas, good start to the season, but been woeful since January, the board, as you say, are quite happy with the current situation.. been watching Sheffield football 50odd yrs and blades have always been a selling club. had they got promotion it would have been a massive bonus, they would"nt have invested even then, and would most probably have come straight back down, I'm not optimistic about next season either.

Easiest thing in the world saying we should spend “x” ammount in january . Much more difficult coming up with the players.

I think Leeds spent around £7mil on 2 players and it didnt do them much good.

The job of management at the club is to identify targets to make them stronger, Leeds are a shambles, United are not.

---------- Post added 30-04-2018 at 20:27 ----------

Aye, by warming the bench!

......and possibly spurring other players onto as they knew they had competition, more than one way to skin a cat.

---------- Post added 30-04-2018 at 20:29 ----------

I agree totally 6 mill for him is a joke 10 mill for Rhodes is hilarious so it just shows you it all depends on who is buying what and not how much.

You can scoff about those players all you want but I’d rather have a chairman that at least tries rather than one that’s done nothing and risks losing their biggest asset, that’s even more hilarious.

The job of management at the club is to identify targets to make them stronger, Leeds are a shambles, United are not.

......and possibly spurring other players onto as they knew they had competition, more than one way to skin a cat.

You can scoff about those players all you want but I’d rather have a chairman that at least tries rather than one that’s done nothing and risks losing their biggest asset, that’s even more hilarious.

The Prince has instigated the takeover,nothing to do with McCabe,this is what Wilder is unsettled about.

Edited by chalga

So there we have it . Madine has inspired Cardiff to (probable) promotion by sitting on his backside.:)

The Prince has instigated the takeover,nothing to do with McCabe,this is what Wilder is unsettled about.

50/50 split both equally to blame.

---------- Post added 30-04-2018 at 20:52 ----------

So there we have it . Madine has inspired Cardiff to (probable) promotion by sitting on his backside.:)

You clearly don’t understand the game, we’ve bought loan wingers in like McGeady and McManaman this has lead to upturns in performances by Wallace who virtually single handedly got us to the play off final.

Like I said, more than one way to skin a cat. Madine won’t ever be solely responsible if Cardiff get promoted be he could turn out to be a catalyst to it happening.

No,the Prince has instigated it,and at the wrong time,and he's not even explained his plans for the club to fans except for getting to the PL,no plans for how he's going to do it except for 'needing to buy foreign players'.........another wrong step because if he's aiming to bring in players from the EU,they are going to need a work permit once the UK has left,they are not certain to get one,unless they are of a certain standard that will cost a lot of money,plus all the uncertainty of finding targets,lining them up and then having to wait until we see if they get a permit or not...........everything the Prince says or does has been wrong,and being that he hardly says anything,that is some feat.

---------- Post added 30-04-2018 at 20:52 ----------

You clearly don’t understand the game, we’ve bought loan wingers in like McGeady and McManaman this has lead to upturns in performances by Wallace who virtually single handedly got us to the play off final.

Like I said, more than one way to skin a cat. Madine won’t ever be solely responsible if Cardiff get promoted be he could turn out to be a catalyst to it happening.

I’ll let you explain the offside rule to me one day top :)

You lot have give the blades fans plenty to laugh at over this season.All that money spent on duds and how soon the bouncing stopped at the rust bucket during the demolition derby will live in our thoughts for many years:hihi::hihi:

You lot have give the blades fans plenty to laugh at over this season.All that money spent on duds and how soon the bouncing stopped at the rust bucket during the demolition derby will live in our thoughts for many years:hihi::hihi:

Well done on having a good season but "rust bucket" and "demolition derby"..really..? is that the best you can come up with...:help:

Tell you what would be really funny though....Your manager walking away amid self destruction by your owners...;)

Well done on having a good season but "rust bucket" and "demolition derby"..really..? is that the best you can come up with...:help:

Tell you what would be really funny though....Your manager walking away amid self destruction by your owners...;)

Well it is no good relying on your own team to put a smile on your face is it.Glad we can help to cheer you lot up.:hihi::hihi:

Well it is no good relying on your own team to put a smile on your face is it.Glad we can help to cheer you lot up.:hihi::hihi:

Results of late have helped make Wednesday's awful season seem a little better....

but glad you can take such a laid back attitude at the prospect of losing the best manager you've had for 20 years...