How much is a parking fine in Sheffield town centre?

I seem to remember I was given a £25 fine for not getting back to my car in time, but that seems quite low. It looks like the city uses the same company for on street parking, how much was your ticket when you got caught?

I seem to remember I was given a £25 fine for not getting back to my car in time, but that seems quite low. It looks like the city uses the same company for on street parking, how much was your ticket when you got caught?

Traffic wardens are employed by the council, it isnt outsourced.

But yes, it is lower if you pay it within the first two weeks (?) and then it goes up if you don't.

An overstay on a pay and display bay is £40, reduced to £20 for early payment. Contraventions like parking on a double yellow line etc are £60 reduced to £30 for early payment.

An overstay on a pay and display bay is £40, reduced to £20 for early payment. Contraventions like parking on a double yellow line etc are £60 reduced to £30 for early payment.

That's not quite right - lower charges are £50 reduced to £25 for 14 days, higher charges are £70 reduced to £35 for 14 days. This is for Council tickets on street and in Council controlled car parks - private car parks may be different.

That's not quite right - lower charges are £50 reduced to £25 for 14 days, higher charges are £70 reduced to £35 for 14 days. This is for Council tickets on street and in Council controlled car parks - private car parks may be different.

You're right! I checked. Shows how long it is since I got one!

Bus lane fines are £60 reduced to £30.

You're right! I checked. Shows how long it is since I got one!

Bus lane fines are £60 reduced to £30.

Bus lane fines are a £50 fixed penalty notice if issued by police.

Bus lane fines are a £50 fixed penalty notice if issued by police.

They don't issue many. Vast majority are issued by the Council and are the prices I quoted.

I read somewhere that there is a "recommended" period of grace for overstay of ticket time allowed ....10 minutes I think. Does Sheffield council do this?

They don't issue many. Vast majority are issued by the Council and are the prices I quoted.

How would you know?

How would you know?

because common sense dictates that the police dont montor bus gates and will only issue if they see fit/have the time whereas the councils are montored by cameras

---------- Post added 26-04-2018 at 22:19 ----------

I read somewhere that there is a "recommended" period of grace for overstay of ticket time allowed ....10 minutes I think. Does Sheffield council do this?

mostly as they dont hang around waiting for the time to lapse they are usually there after the alloted time so issue the ticket, i must admit i did enjoy going to the centretainmnet tonight and watching all the idiots parked on the pavement getting ticket because they're too bone idle to walk from dunlop street

Edited by Narden Dee