Alfie Evans saga

Yes, the right to have a chance of a cure.

What is the cure, please?

Unless he is playing a game of sorts.

In any case he is still an utter idiot and will remain so until he drops this pathetic private prosecution against three doctors.

That's one way of looking at it. Another would be he's a 21 year old kid who's railing against the world because his son is dying and he's powerless to stop it.

Or you know, go with the idiot thing...

Guest makapaka
That's one way of looking at it. Another would be he's a 21 year old kid who's railing against the world because his son is dying and he's powerless to stop it.

Couldn't put it better myself.

Those of you who have kids - imagine if this was happening to you and your kid and then picture how your 21 year old self might have dealt with it.

Will do, cheers.

---------- Post added 27-04-2018 at 12:21 ----------

Those of you who have kids - imagine if this was happening to you and your kid and then picture how your 21 year old self might have dealt with it.

I wouldnt have tried to sue three doctors and then in another breath moan that staff in there are trying to avoid me.

Do you blame them?

Probably with a lot more decorum and dignity and not mobilised social media armies.

And I certainly wouldn't have got tied up with the dubious anti-LGBT Christian Legal Centre and law student Pavel Stroilov:

The family’s former solicitor Mary Holmes has accused activists of seeking to “keep this child alive at any costs and not for the right reasons”, using the case to raise their profile with interventions such as securing Tom Evans an audience with the pope.

Most seriously, Stroilov stands accused of giving Evans inaccurate advice in a letter stating that he had the legal right to remove his son from the hospital, despite a court order to the contrary, causing an understandably emotional standoff between the parents and the hospital when it became clear that was not the case. What is compassionate or Christian about giving a desperate man false hope?

I mean some people on my Facebook friends who I had thought were sensible.

Yes, somebody who I am friends with on facebook has been saying the same thing. I have asked her how much medical training she has had. :hihi:

I was 23. I dealt with it badly. At first I threw myself into my job but it didnt last and I was let go as I was turning to drink for comfort then drinking more heavily to blot out the feelings of losing a child. Turning up half cut for a shift is never a good plan.

The feelings of uselessness were incredible and impossible to put into words. To say it left deep scars is an understatement and I still miss him every day. I suppose this is why I find it difficult to criticize Alfies family.

I was 23. I dealt with it badly. At first I threw myself into my job but it didnt last and I was let go as I was turning to drink for comfort then drinking more heavily to blot out the feelings of losing a child. Turning up half cut for a shift is never a good plan.

The feelings of uselessness were incredible and impossible to put into words. To say it left deep scars is an understatement and I still miss him every day. I suppose this is why I find it difficult to criticize Alfies family.

Thankfully you seem to be in the minority on here.

The whole vaccination controversy is full of amateur google searchers and wannabe medical "gurus" who think that their 5 minute search on google and you tube make them FAR more qualified to make a decision on vaccinations than some fool who has spent 10 years learning to be a doctor. The decision by quite a few parents os now resulting in an increase in measles, scarlet fever and sadly it seems even polio is starting to rear its ugly head again :(

---------- Post added 27-04-2018 at 08:12 ----------

Even that term is too good for them and demeans the term idiot by comparing them

---------- Post added 27-04-2018 at 08:15 ----------

Mum has taken herself well and truly out of the limelight and I believe she even has her own legal team. Dad, on the other hand, is a total publicity whore, nothing is too low for him to do to keep his time in the light and sod the child's welfare.

Drifting slightly off topic here, but I dont think that their marriage stands much of a chance, which is sad.

I know they think they are well researched on vaccines by googling them, yet doctors and nurses study years.

---------- Post added 27-04-2018 at 14:14 ----------

Yes, somebody who I am friends with on facebook has been saying the same thing. I have asked her how much medical training she has had. :hihi:

Same here.

---------- Post added 27-04-2018 at 14:15 ----------

Same here.

Probably with a lot more decorum and dignity and not mobilised social media armies.

And I certainly wouldn't have got tied up with the dubious anti-LGBT Christian Legal Centre and law student Pavel Stroilov:

We all hope we would behave better - but none of us know in truth until it happens.

There are always those with words that a vulnerable person wants to hear - with a veneer of respectability or authenticity - a law student with a little knowledge and an axe to grind - I can well see how a desperate person looking for help might turn to such an individual - Hayden J has been scathing in his criticism of the advice given to the parents - who are we to criticise the parents for following duff advice?

People are alleging online that was his baby vaccinations that caused the brain damage and deciding not to vaccinate their children, won't this cause more problems if they become ill from what we vaccinate from.

He was admitted to hospital before the first round of vaccinations and I doubt he's even had any, what would be the point?Edit

Edit. Scrap tgay, he'll have had at least the first round at 8 wks. Not that they'll have caused him any harm.

Edited by barleycorn

We all hope we would behave better - but none of us know in truth until it happens.

There are always those with words that a vulnerable person wants to hear - with a veneer of respectability or authenticity - a law student with a little knowledge and an axe to grind - I can well see how a desperate person looking for help might turn to such an individual - Hayden J has been scathing in his criticism of the advice given to the parents - who are we to criticise the parents for following duff advice?

The thing is, lots of parents go through this terrible, tragic situation. They must be beside themselves with grief as well, but it hardly ever comes to such extreme loggerheads. I wonder what was different in this case? What turned heartache into animosity?

Certainly Alfie Evans' parents have had some terrible advice from people wanting to further their own agenda, given false hope by fools who know next to nothing about the medical details, and have also been buoyed up by the on-line rent-a-mob, all of which have turned a tragic situation into a travesty.

Edited by Olive