Alfie Evans saga

I mean some people on my Facebook friends who I had thought were sensible.

Thugs is the right terminology me thinks..

I dunno, have you read some of the twaddle put out by those groups??

Idiot is quite fitting for many of them.

True, True.

Agreed. It's awful harrasing staff who are doing thier best and have no control over the situation. My argument would be with the courts. What right have they to tell a parent what to do with thier child in a situation like this.

Medical expertice has been proved wrong before and if the parents think he would have a chance elsewhere why should the courts block that chance ?

The child has to have someone to protect its interests / rights. The overriding aim is to act in the best interests of the child - I am afraid parents cannot always be relied upon to do this - the court (not that it wants to be involved) has to step in.

You cant ship the child from pillar to post on the basis mum thinks this place has the cure and dad thinks the next place has the cure - In this case it seems the parents have somewhat different views as what is in the child's best interest - How do you sort that out Spill?

At the moment Alfie is a small child. Suppose he does live. Alfie the teenager - Alfie the adult. I wonder if his parents would cope with that scenario and all that goes with the day to day care of a severely disabled adult. I wonder if they would be happy to be changing adult nappies for the rest of their lives and giving up their time 24/7. Perhaps they would.

At the moment Alfie is a small child. Suppose he does live. Alfie the teenager - Alfie the adult. I wonder if his parents would cope with that scenario and all that goes with the day to day care of a severely disabled adult. I wonder if they would be happy to be changing adult nappies for the rest of their lives and giving up their time 24/7. Perhaps they would.

these two are milking the situation for all its worth and no doubt enjoying the fame it has given them, its about time the media gave it a rest.

So much malice is being directed towards the grieving parents, of poor little Alfie, and even criticism towards Liverpool people in general, pathetic!

Though I agree with the decision of the Paediatric team, and am appalled at the behaviour of those protesting at the Hospital who have been abusing staff, I do have sympathy for the position of the emotionally distressed father, however angry his reaction may appear at times, and I'm sure most of the health professionals will too.

People are alleging online that was his baby vaccinations that caused the brain damage and deciding not to vaccinate their children, won't this cause more problems if they become ill from what we vaccinate from.

The whole vaccination controversy is full of amateur google searchers and wannabe medical "gurus" who think that their 5 minute search on google and you tube make them FAR more qualified to make a decision on vaccinations than some fool who has spent 10 years learning to be a doctor. The decision by quite a few parents os now resulting in an increase in measles, scarlet fever and sadly it seems even polio is starting to rear its ugly head again :(

---------- Post added 27-04-2018 at 08:12 ----------

Even that term is too good for them and demeans the term idiot by comparing them

---------- Post added 27-04-2018 at 08:15 ----------

these two are milking the situation for all its worth and no doubt enjoying the fame it has given them, its about time the media gave it a rest.

Mum has taken herself well and truly out of the limelight and I believe she even has her own legal team. Dad, on the other hand, is a total publicity whore, nothing is too low for him to do to keep his time in the light and sod the child's welfare.

Drifting slightly off topic here, but I dont think that their marriage stands much of a chance, which is sad.

Thankfully, the statement the father has put out should hopefully put an end to it. While he didn't say it directly I'm sure he's finally realised that his rent a mob has done nothing to help his cause nationally - as Janie48 has pointed out a couple of posts back.

Merseyside Police have had to warn any medical staff not to wear their uniforms or ID in public in the city.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-43914259

Thankfully, the statement the father has put out should hopefully put an end to it. While he didn't say it directly I'm sure he's finally realised that his rent a mob has done nothing to help his cause nationally - as Janie48 has pointed out a couple of posts back.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-43914259

Unless he is playing a game of sorts.

In any case he is still an utter idiot and will remain so until he drops this pathetic private prosecution against three doctors.

Because the child has rights as well and they are the overriding rights.

Yes, the right to have a chance of a cure.