Alfie Evans saga

It's an awful situation. The child should be given the best possible care until he inevitably passes away.

Having said that, I've lost a bit of respect for the parents. They're supporting the "Alfie's Army" idiots causing chaos outside the hospital - abusing staff and scaring other sick children. The father is stirring up anger by posting provocative stuff on the Facebook page (ie: they're torturing Alfie and trying to starve him to death).

Apparently they're also trying to pursue legal charges against the doctors for murder?

The way I read the situation is, the child has permanent brain damage and the doctors have decided they cannot treat him but the father knows better.

I don't know enough about medicine to know what's best for the poor kid in question. I do know the thugs in Alfie's Army distrupting the care of other patients, hasstling visitors who might be going through an equally difficult time and harressment of staff who have a hard enough job as it is need to have a hard look in the mirror.

I would like to think the local police would be making arrests and dealing with people in the appropriate manner - particularly if threats and intimidation are occurring.

I would like to think the local police would be making arrests and dealing with people in the appropriate manner - particularly if threats and intimidation are occurring.

it would be very nice to think that, sadly not always the case.

If Alfie was a Royal then I would expect his parents to behave in a more educated manner. As you have brought up the subject of class, Alfie's Father looks more like and sounds more like a Liverpudlian thug than a concerned Father.

Awful. I hope you are never in their situation and have nobodies post heartless opinions on you on the internet. Have some class.

Awful. I hope you are never in their situation and have nobodies post heartless opinions on you on the internet. Have some class.

Well as much as you might have sympathy with their predicament it's hardly class to encourage people to storm a hospital threatening doctors and nurses.

Both the hospital and the parents seem completely without trust and at loggerheads. The parents may have thought being a bit more public may have helped their cause but the courts and the law say not.

He is breathing for himself which means there is neurological activity , he responded to his father , he is hugging his mum , 24 hours is a long time they now need to reinstate feeding etc . These people play God , if God had wanted Alfie home he would have taken him yesterday .

If your god wanted, Alfie would have been born normal, what's your answer to that?

No, my argument is predicated on the NHS having to ration expensive treatment, not always in the best interests of the patient. If you deny thiis happens I think you're being naive.

As for the 2015 report - well they would say that wouldn't they. They've been severely embarrassed. And of course it's hard to prove different.

But the fact that Ayesha King is now well, is proof enough that PBT works and we weren't providing it.

Britain does not have a good reputation for treating some cancers and is well down the list of countries that do better. Even some poor 'third world' countries beat us.

Anna , you are trying to take this down a political route , please stop :roll:

The doctors thought he would pass away quickly when his life support was removed

That was on Monday.

Speaking as someone who has lost a child I have a rough idea what the parents are going through.

The legal system is just making things worse for them.

So who gets to decide then ? Someone has to don't they?

These are truly impossible cases and I wouldn't want to be involved in any capacity - no-one "wins" here. It is a very complex medical situation and unless you are privy to the exact medical position it is hard to follow or understand the position of the hospital/medics.

If the courts paramount objective is the child's best interest it is also hard to grasp how it could be in the child's interest to allow them to die.

The aggression and hostility directed at the hospital is disgraceful - emotion in these cases leads the way -

I cannot imagine the feelings of the parents no-one can unless they have been in such a situation.

No, my argument is predicated on the NHS having to ration expensive treatment, not always in the best interests of the patient. If you deny thiis happens I think you're being naive.

As for the 2015 report - well they would say that wouldn't they. They've been severely embarrassed. And of course it's hard to prove different.

But the fact that Ayesha King is now well, is proof enough that PBT works and we weren't providing it.

Britain does not have a good reputation for treating some cancers and is well down the list of countries that do better. Even some poor 'third world' countries beat us.

So they didnt want radiotherapy so they took him abroad for radiotherapy...?

The Kings are JW's, and further interviews with them revealed some alarming bullquackery ideas about sugar feeding cancer and cutting all sugar out of the diet amongst other inanities. They - or rather their son dodged a bullet in spite of their irrational behaviour, he wasnt cured because of their actions.

---------- Post added 25-04-2018 at 23:02 ----------

The aggression and hostility directed at the hospital is disgraceful - emotion in these cases leads the way -

Apparrantly Mr Evans has decided to file a private prosecution against the doctors for attempted murder of his son.

Any sympathy I had for him is long gone. He's an irrational thug lashing out because he doesnt get his own way it seems. It seems that Farage has decided to wade in as well - presumably you would think he'd want the kid to stay here and not go to the nasty bankrupt EU but he does like a bit of crap stirring does Farage...

Apparrantly Mr Evans has decided to file a private prosecution against the doctors for attempted murder of his son.

actually Mr Evans is rather reserved, as far as scousers go.

I’m relieved to read he hasn’t lamped one of the medical staff (yet)

So they didnt want radiotherapy so they took him abroad for radiotherapy...?

The Kings are JW's, and further interviews with them revealed some alarming bullquackery ideas about sugar feeding cancer and cutting all sugar out of the diet amongst other inanities. They - or rather their son dodged a bullet in spite of their irrational behaviour, he wasnt cured because of their actions.

---------- Post added 25-04-2018 at 23:02 ----------

Any sympathy I had for him is long gone. He's an irrational thug lashing out because he doesnt get his own way it seems. It seems that Farage has decided to wade in as well - presumably you would think he'd want the kid to stay here and not go to the nasty bankrupt EU but he does like a bit of crap stirring does Farage...

Funnily enough , we don't hear nothing of Mrs Evans thoughts :confused:

Guest makapaka

I think there’s a huge amount of insensitivity on this thread.

I don’t disagree with some of the arguments but the tone is really poor - in fact some of it is disgusting.

---------- Post added 25-04-2018 at 23:11 ----------

actually Mr Evans is rather reserved, as far as scousers go.

I’m relieved to read he hasn’t lamped one of the medical staff (yet)

Why would you say that? Are all scousers thugs? What a stupid comment.