How Was It For You?

Skint or not, that wasn't mentioned at the season start, ok injuries have played a part but your season has been embarrassing, bar the last few meaningless games, I m not just saying that I say it having spoken to a few Wednesday season ticket holders. Maybe next season you will do better if you can hang on to FF, but you need to have a clear out of all the dead wood first

The reference to being skint was in reaction to years ago, not this season.

Its not been embarrassing, the injuries have decimated it, I wouldn't expect a season with virtually the reserves playing to be much better.

Positive signs emerging though.

If the games are meaningless for some teams how come united haven't managed to win many lately?

What are the positive signs?

Players returning from injury - FF in particular, team in general looking fitter, youth players starting to emerge, three good goal keepers on the books, scoring goals and a summer to regroup, manager seems to be getting the best out of certain players in the short time he's been here.

Players returning from injury - FF in particular, team in general looking fitter, youth players starting to emerge, three good goal keepers on the books, scoring goals and a summer to regroup, manager seems to be getting the best out of certain players in the short time he's been here.

I'd agree the youth side of things are showinh good signs. But from the comments on here, some fans want them banished out the team.

Forestieri, well, you never know if he is going to turn up or not in a game or at a game. Fantastic when on form. Is he a good person to have around the team? That's to be debated.

Manager hasn't done anything of note. But could well come good. But he looks like he is going to have to rely on youth and youth players from the premier league, as it appears from his comments, there's no real investment available.

I hope you do well this season though. Some of the fans deserve a turn in the premier league.

I'd agree the youth side of things are showinh good signs. But from the comments on here, some fans want them banished out the team.

Forestieri, well, you never know if he is going to turn up or not in a game or at a game. Fantastic when on form. Is he a good person to have around the team? That's to be debated.

Manager hasn't done anything of note. But could well come good. But he looks like he is going to have to rely on youth and youth players from the premier league, as it appears from his comments, there's no real investment available.

I hope you do well this season though. Some of the fans deserve a turn in the premier league.

Not seen anybody want young players banished from the team but if established first team players return then they may have wait it out.

You never know what your gonna get with FF but when you do get it you get one of the very best in the division, worth the price of admission alone and well worth the risk.

The manager has brought young players into the team and got the best out of Nuihu and Joao, FF has also been fantastic in the few games played under him, improved discipline and fitness, he also outwitted tactically another local manager after only being in English football for four days, early days but good signs.

I'm not in the slightest interested in the Premier League but yes it might appeal to younger fans, I'm sure any that saw your four years out of twenty seven possible will have fond memories (ok perhaps not from the last futile attempt maybe).

Edited by top4718

as some have already said, the season isn't over yet for the Blades. Although I suspect it will be after today and the top 6 will be out of our reach.

I won't make statements about this season being "far beyond expectations" for us, although that is true for many Blades, but for me it is actually bang on expectations. I said we'd finish between 8th and 12th, possibly even sneak into the play-offs if we strengthened sufficiently in Jan.

We did strengthen in Jan, but not sufficiently imo. It's disappointing that some of the players we brought in haven't really been the real deal and pushed us on.

I said at the start of the season that I had concerns about our strikers in particular, mainly due to their age, lack of pace, or fitness levels. That's also turned out to be an achilles heel for us, despite Clarke and Sharp bagging a fair few goals along the way. A lack of pace and quality up front is the main thing that has stood in the way of us making that top 6. The games we've dominated yet failed to convert chances are many. A few more points from some of those games and we'd have easily made the top 6.

We've also conceded some poor goals though as well. Look...all teams do, that's football. But I think we've looked vulnerable at left back in particular and down the centre at times. Stearman is a very good centre half, but I'd call him a number 2 centre half. If you remember when we had Morgan and Killgallon playing, that was a number 1 and number 2 situation. Morgan was the main centre half and would head every ball, Killgallon had the pace and positioning nouse to sweep up around him. We don't have a proper number 1 centre half like Morgan was - and that, plus a new left back - would help a lot.

But it's up front where I think we absolutely MUST strengthen. Youth, pace, quality. It's lacking up front more than anywhere else in the team imo.

If we can fix that, then...well...maybe we can have another good season next season?

But it will cost money to fix it - or require the sale of another one of our best assets. And with the current stalemate in the boardroom at present I honestly don't think we'll top this season, next season, at this rate.

My prediction if none of this is resolved in lower half finish.

as some have already said, the season isn't over yet for the Blades. Although I suspect it will be after today and the top 6 will be out of our reach.

I won't make statements about this season being "far beyond expectations" for us, although that is true for many Blades, but for me it is actually bang on expectations. I said we'd finish between 8th and 12th, possibly even sneak into the play-offs if we strengthened sufficiently in Jan.

We did strengthen in Jan, but not sufficiently imo. It's disappointing that some of the players we brought in haven't really been the real deal and pushed us on.

I said at the start of the season that I had concerns about our strikers in particular, mainly due to their age, lack of pace, or fitness levels. That's also turned out to be an achilles heel for us, despite Clarke and Sharp bagging a fair few goals along the way. A lack of pace and quality up front is the main thing that has stood in the way of us making that top 6. The games we've dominated yet failed to convert chances are many. A few more points from some of those games and we'd have easily made the top 6.

We've also conceded some poor goals though as well. Look...all teams do, that's football. But I think we've looked vulnerable at left back in particular and down the centre at times. Stearman is a very good centre half, but I'd call him a number 2 centre half. If you remember when we had Morgan and Killgallon playing, that was a number 1 and number 2 situation. Morgan was the main centre half and would head every ball, Killgallon had the pace and positioning nouse to sweep up around him. We don't have a proper number 1 centre half like Morgan was - and that, plus a new left back - would help a lot.

But it's up front where I think we absolutely MUST strengthen. Youth, pace, quality. It's lacking up front more than anywhere else in the team imo.

If we can fix that, then...well...maybe we can have another good season next season?

But it will cost money to fix it - or require the sale of another one of our best assets. And with the current stalemate in the boardroom at present I honestly don't think we'll top this season, next season, at this rate.

My prediction if none of this is resolved in lower half finish.

Obviously a guy who knows what he's talking about.:thumbsup:

Obviously a guy who knows what he's talking about.:thumbsup:

I’m surprised you haven’t disagreed, he’s virtually said the opposite of what you keep repeatedly peddling.

It’s a good post and pretty much nails it.

I’m surprised you haven’t disagreed, he’s virtually said the opposite of what you keep repeatedly peddling.

It’s a good post and pretty much nails it.

And how dare he refer to Leon & Billy by their surnames :hihi:

Awesome...lets finish it ..one happy Exiled smoggie..

Not that bizarre really...Westwood is the best keeper in the league....Wildsmith would be a great back up ...no need to have a keeper that won't get a game..

Today just backs up that it's ridiculous to suggest getting rid of Dawson. Westwood to go for me

Today just backs up that it's ridiculous to suggest getting rid of Dawson. Westwood to go for me

No doubt he's a good keeper ...never suggested otherwise...but when all 3 are fit Westwood is number 1 and you don't need three keepers ....

Edited by Sheridan1-0