How Was It For You?

thank god thats nearly over

---------- Post added 25-04-2018 at 15:55 ----------

Started the season confident of a top two push and a minimum play off place

Ended the season..not sure of the managers ability to take us forward next term..

The injuries have wrecked any chance of consistency this season..performances under both CC and JL have been poor in most instances....can't wait for the season to end and the club need to move certain players on,which could be difficult if they are still under contract....but for me i get rid of...

Palmer,Loovens,Mattias,Vennacio,Wallace,Jones,Fletcher,Boyd,Fox,Winnall,Dawson ...& obviously let Butterfield go back..

Things have to change to avoid a repeat of this season and it will be interesting to see what happens...

i agree with the players except Wallace, and maybe Winnall, possibly Fletcher LOL

But i'd add Abdi. Not sure how we can get rid of Dawson either tbh, im not sure Westwoods gonna be 100% fit from now on? have to see

Edited by melthebell

Sorry,Preston is not a meaningless match,it's there to be won because the mathematical possiblity still exists,and while it does,it's not meaningless.

I wrote weeks ago that in my opinion,we were not good enough for the play offs,and challenged the team to prove me wrong,they haven't,but that still does not alter the fact that the season is still alive until at least saturday night.

We went through this last season after confirming promotion,you were in my words 'wishing the season away' by posting stuff about ,let's wait while next season..........nope,we were still enjoying that season,all 46 games,and you're wishing this season away.....nope,we are still enjoying this season,this good season that we are still having,all 46 games of it,this is how it is for us,not how it was.

Its mathamatically possible for me to win the lottery jackpot on Saturday but I bet I'll still be turning up for work on Monday morning.

thank god thats nearly over

---------- Post added 25-04-2018 at 15:55 ----------

i agree with the players except Wallace, and maybe Winnall, possibly Fletcher LOL

But i'd add Abdi. Not sure how we can get rid of Dawson either tbh, im not sure Westwoods gonna be 100% fit from now on? have to see

I think Wallace is at the end of his contract and he's not getting any younger and doesn't look the player he did in his first season.....Winnall has made it plain he want's to go and is a bit of a bad egg by all accounts....the re-emergence of Nuhiu and development of Joao would make me think we don't need Fletcher..and Westwood is the best keeper in the League and if he's fit we don't need 3 keepers,so i'd let Dawson go....

I realise most of the above are unlikely to leave as they are under contract...but its what i'd go with ...

Its mathamatically possible for me to win the lottery jackpot on Saturday but I bet I'll still be turning up for work on Monday morning.

That's got nothing to do with our season,write about how good it was for you,we are still enjoying ours.

That's got nothing to do with our season,write about how good it was for you,we are still enjoying ours.

You might have it’s still over however much your clinging.

You might have it’s still over however much your clinging.

Not clinging,enjoying our good season,Preston is not a meaningless game.How is it for us?............very good thanks.:hihi:

Not clinging,enjoying our good season,Preston is not a meaningless game.How is it for us?............very good thanks.:hihi:

How the mighty have fallen, never thought I’d see the day.

How the mighty have fallen, never thought I’d see the day.

Soon getting you off topic and onto your real agenda now aren't we?:hihi:

Lets try again,keeping on topic and we'll see how you go:

Still enjoying our season,so it's 'how is it for us'........very good thanks.

Your enjoying one win in six, I repeat how the mighty have fallen.

Anyway comeback to the thread on Saturday when the inevitable is confirmed and you can contribute some realism.

Its been a better season for the Blades than most of us imagined.The football that Wilder plays is generally very good to watch, I've even enjoyed some of the games we lost!

It hasn't been a fluke, we haven't been lucky we're gonna finish up where we deserve to be over the season.

We desperately need some quality and pace up front and if we get it then we can push on next season.

Your enjoying one win in six, I repeat how the mighty have fallen.

Anyway comeback to the thread on Saturday when the inevitable is confirmed and you can contribute some realism.

I'll still be enjoying it up until the very last kick,we've not got 2 meaningless games,we might not have any,so there's no reason not to continue enjoying our good season,this is 'how it is for me',and I dare say that it's the same for a lot of Blades,46 games our season will last,and that's exactly how it should be.......but there's a slim chance it might be 48.:hihi:

Sugar-coat it all you want, united have had a shocking 2nd half to the season and your early season form has saved your blushes.

As for Wednesday, one to forget-It can only get better!