Calling All Students At Loxley College

Looks like I was at college the same time as you then, I knew Koz and all the other class waggging bums hehe.

i did the intermediate course 1st, thats when i got meningitis, i missed 3 months but caught up as the course wasn;t that difficult, then i did the 1st year @ Btec level but i was partying way to hard in Niche and couldn;t get into it so i dint go back to the 2nd year.

I didn't do Travel & Tourism, I did an advanced gnvq but dropped out in my second year. Similar storey :D

Topic.

I was there on the NVQ Retail course 6 months after leaving College over in the former South Humberside, now North East Lincolnshire.. 

I ended up with 2 NVQs in Retail, a basic food hygiene certificate, and an A in GCSE English language and literature from studying Macbeth.

I also worked on placement at Debenhams in Town and Netto on South Road, Walkley (which is now an ASDA)

Edited by MrAllen2K21
More detail.

• Is Loxley college the same as Stannington college next to Myres grove school ?

On 31/05/2006 at 18:13, Maddison K said:

I studied tourism at loxley college from 1997 but left in the summer of 1999 dont know if thats any help???

Hi, also attended Loxley between 97-99, i did hospitality and  tourism management.  

On 31/05/2006 at 18:13, Maddison K said:

I studied tourism at loxley college from 1997 but left in the summer of 1999 dont know if thats any help???

On 09/03/2021 at 14:31, TimeBandit52 said:
  • Is Loxley college the same as Stannington college next to Myres grove school ?

Yes, except it's now a Housing estate.

All the courses that used to be at Loxley, including most of the teachers, moved to Hillsborough College (back of Owlerton dog track) years ago.

Didn't realise the tech is now gone. I did weld and fab there for about 8 years after relocatIng from Newall road and pond street work shops

Lecturers include Alan Flint ,Keith Jackson and Mick . More names could follow when I get my brain in gear. Talking about 68 to about 75.