Soft drinks manufacturers in Sheffield in the 50s and 60s

G.W Waugh Ltd mineral water.

Where were they from ?

Whites? But I don't know if they were based in Sheffield.

I'm fairly sure that "Orvit" pop was made in Sheffield. I remember buying it from Eggo's shop on the corner of Chesterfield Road & Little London Road in the 1950s. The firm that made the pop later morphed, somehow, into Miller Engineering.

Edited by fatrajah

I can't think of anyone who actually made soft drinks in sheffield.

JF Eardley Produced fizzy drinks they were based ,just off

Ecclesall Rd. Think it was on Stalker Lees Rd

Where were they from ?

Douglas Road.

Early delivery here, 1 minute 10 seconds in,

Goddard and Sons were soft drinks manufacturers situated on Burnell Road S6,it was my first job after leaving school in 1959!.I worked on the delivery wagons as drivers mate,we served pubs and working mens clubs,it was hard work but I loved it!.Working for them started me off drinking and smoking as in those days after every delivery you were offered either a free pint of beer or ten fags,some days I arrived home for my tea three parts cut,.

It was still the same in 1975. I started work for Goddard's straight after leaving school, they had recently moved from Burnell Rd. to a new built factory on Green Lane, Ecclesfield which is where I started my working life.

The company got taken over shortly afterwards and became Larkspur Soft Drinks.

Your story could have been written by me, on my first day went home drunk (and many times after!), pockets bulging with fags.

Spent three good years there and made life-long friends.

Truly happy days.

JF Eardley Produced fizzy drinks they were based ,just off

Ecclesall Rd. Think it was on Stalker Lees Rd

yes you're right they was about halfway between the cemetery gates and stalker walk

Here is a link to a "picturesheffield" photo showing Eardley's factory on Stalker Lees Road, and the relevant section from the 1942 Kelly's Directory.

It seems likely that Eardley's were the makers of "Orvit" pop that I mentioned in#15. In the notes relating to the photograph you posted it states that Mills Engineering shared the premises with Eardley's. I must have mis-remembered the name as Miller Engineering.

I think the Tizer place on (wherever it was on there) Penistone Road may have a storage depot, as it was made in Manchester by Pickups, who made the Burdock too. I don't recall the Oringillo place on Claywheels Lane unless it was part of the old Hope and Anchor brewery.