Cyclists going through red lights. Localised colour blindness?

Really, can you explain for me?

---------- Post added 28-04-2018 at 21:00 ----------

The thing with your arrows is, the blue ones go the wrong way through the dedicated cycle lights on Shoreham Street (south). Other than that, I'm fine with it.

Personally I think my blue path is the correct one, they just need to stop and wait a moment at the red lights on the pedestrian crossing

---------- Post added 28-04-2018 at 21:17 ----------

Sorry my bad, I got them the opposite way round.... Green is to travel south, blue goes straight to the right over and down duchess road (more cycle path down there)

green should be north to south (note the white line by the crossing on shoreham st... the same white line is on that little junction, meant to trigger at the same time as the pedestrian crossing next to it, and is for heading up shoreham street...

(I was doing 3 other things and not paying full attention when I did the arrows)

Sorry my bad, I got them the opposite way round.... Green is to travel south, blue goes straight to the right over and down duchess road (more cycle path down there)

green should be north to south (note the white line by the crossing on shoreham st... the same white line is on that little junction, meant to trigger at the same time as the pedestrian crossing next to it, and is for heading up shoreham street...

(I was doing 3 other things and not paying full attention when I did the arrows)

You were doing 3 other things and not paying attention?...That in MY book is Liable..(Arrows or NOT).. I would have you hook line and sinker as at fault.

You were doing 3 other things and not paying attention?...That in MY book is Liable..(Arrows or NOT).. I would have you hook line and sinker as at fault.

haha, if I was actually cycling then it would be different, it would have full concentration..

I was sat doing some website coding, and talking to other people at the same time, while watching the news (on mute with subtitles) and listening to music... :D

Liable for drawing some coloured lines incorrectly, yeah, you got him, do you worst. :huh:

haha, if I was actually cycling then it would be different, it would have full concentration..

I was sat doing some website coding, and talking to other people at the same time, while watching the news (on mute with subtitles) and listening to music... :D

That's 4 things, not 3...

That's 4 things, not 3...

Pedant ......

Don't you understand? Really?

Roots Booster I can but is it worthwhile? Obviously the steel cabin and engine compartment is stronger than the body of a cyclist and it has no feeling either. What more do you need to know to understand it?

Edited by woolyhead

Recently I've been walking through town quite regularly in a morning.

I'll help you out woolhead with this quote from the OP.

Roots Booster I can but is it worthwhile? Obviously the steel cabin and engine compartment is stronger than the body of a cyclist and it has no feeling either. What more do you need to know to understand it?

I'm afraid I'm not fitted with a steel cabin or engine compartment.

I'm afraid I'm not fitted with a steel cabin or engine compartment.

No one suggested you were.

This is so simple it's obvious you're being intentionally obtuse. A 2 ton car versus a cyclist, it's obvious who comes off worse. Unless the cyclist somehow manages to come through the windscreen, the driver is not going to have a scratch.

I'll help you out woolhead with this quote from the OP.

But it's clear Alembic was talking about being inside a vehicle, and wasn't talking about RootsBooster at all. Look at the first line of Alembics post, where they specifically mention motorists.

Edited by alsatian

But it's clear Alemic was talking about being inside a vehicle, and wasn't talking about RootsBooster at all. Look at the first line of Alembics post, where they specifically mention motorists.

The whole point of this thread is a about a crossing I use, on my pedestrian commute, where some cyclists regularly ride through a red light whilst myself and others are crossing on foot.

Alembic specifically addressed someone on their morning commute, if he/she wasn't addressing me, then who?

So it's probably not worth losing sleep over a cyclist who goes through a red light on your commute. If you hit him it's likely to hurt him a lot more than you.

Edited by RootsBooster

The whole point of this thread is a about a crossing I use, on my pedestrian commute, where some cyclists regularly ride through a red light whilst myself and others are crossing on foot.

Alembic specifically addressed someone on their morning commute, if he/she wasn't addressing me, then who?

My take was that person was just ranting about motorists in general just because it was a thread that was vaguely similar to the topic.