Cyclists going through red lights. Localised colour blindness?

if done with adequate caution at a slow speed when there's plenty of space and no junctions I don't really see the issue.

There shouldn't be an issue, but unfortunately due to oblivious drivers this is still an unsafe thing to do. Speaking from personal experience here.

(Unless by "plenty of space" you mean "enough space for a car to fling its passenger door open without warning and still not hit you").

And you are *still* wrong. The High Court disagrees with you - I gave you the reference a long time back. So why do you think you know more than the Hight Court Justices? I'm still waiting for any form of answer...

You appear to be getting into a bit of a fluster love.

Your reference doesn’t cover every possible eventuality. Case law is there to be referred to, it’s not absolute.

When I filter I do so knowing it’s me that is putting myself into a situation of greater risk, and I do so knowing I’m contributing to any accident that may occur. I accept my part in the blame. I wish I was like Cycline believing the law would protect me, and absolve me of any possible blame, but I know it won’t.

You appear to be getting into a bit of a fluster love.

Your reference doesn’t cover every possible eventuality. Case law is there to be referred to, it’s not absolute.

When I filter I do so knowing it’s me that is putting myself into a situation of greater risk, and I do so knowing I’m contributing to any accident that may occur. I accept my part in the blame. I wish I was like Cycline believing the law would protect me, and absolve me of any possible blame, but I know it won’t.

And again you bluster and totally avoid the question.

I know it's because you don't have the answer. What worries me is you occupy the same roads as me.

And again you bluster and totally avoid the question.

I know it's because you don't have the answer. What worries me is you occupy the same roads as me.

I’ve answered you. Be sure to give me a peep if you see me on the road so I can give you an extra wide berth.

this is like the "whoever posts last on this thread wins" thread and arguably equally pointless.

this is like the "whoever posts last on this thread wins" thread and arguably equally pointless.

Cyclone was stepping up onto the podium, but got knocked off at the last minute by Obelix. They are still squabbling even though the crowd have gone home.

Well it does demonstrate that some people have no intention of debating a point and like to stick their fingers in ears I suppose.. But sadly such "debates" are par for the course on here and if people wont engage in constructive dialog theres little point as you say.

Well it does demonstrate that some people have no intention of debating a point and like to stick their fingers in ears I suppose.. But sadly such "debates" are par for the course on here and if people wont engage in constructive dialog theres little point as you say.

Its hardly constructive when folk like you and Cyclone are always notoriously adamant you are correct, and always demand proof to the contrary if anyone dares suggest otherwise, with comments like "i'm still waiting for your reply" :suspect:

Its hardly constructive when folk like you and Cyclone are always notoriously adamant you are correct, and always demand proof to the contrary if anyone dares suggest otherwise, with comments like "i'm still waiting for your reply" :suspect:

Well i've not seen any cogent reasoned argument to the contrary so I do think so far I'm correct and I am still waiting for a reply to the point made.

It's not my fault that you can't provide one. If you can then please do and see if you can change my mind on this.

I'm mean yeah, it's so unreasonable to ask for proof. What on earth were we thinking, looking at the HC, the court precedents and so on. Really we should have taken your unsupported assertion as being far more authoritative. :roll:

---------- Post added 24-09-2018 at 17:00 ----------

Cyclone was stepping up onto the podium, but got knocked off at the last minute by Obelix. They are still squabbling even though the crowd have gone home.

And yet you're still hear, still unable to actually back up your assertion... And instead resorting to being petty.

---------- Post added 24-09-2018 at 17:02 ----------

And here we have an example of straw manning and exaggeration.

I never suggested that the law would somehow protect me from harm, I said the opposite multiple times.

You are arguing that a filtering cyclist/motorcyclist is somehow to blame, always, without doing anything to substantiate your point, as if repeating it makes it true.

---------- Post added 24-09-2018 at 17:04 ----------

I never said that, but feel free to frantically search back through all of my posts to try and prove otherwise. Here's my original comment to save you some time...

Thats another of your little tricks, discreetly twisting what folk say.

If theres an accident while filtering then the biker has to accept part of the blame, even if done correctly.

Still not true. An assertion that cyclists always have to accept partial blame for motorists causing an accident. Simply not true, proven not to be true in fact. No need to twist anything, you're just wrong.

---------- Post added 24-09-2018 at 17:05 ----------

See post #415, feel free to prove me wrong and yourself correct.

FYI repeating yourself isn't any kind of proof.

Edited by Cyclone

The bickering and personal comments end here.

If you cant have a discussion without resorting to this then please dont post.