Cyclists going through red lights. Localised colour blindness?

Gordon Bennett, still on this one?

Can we agree that both cyclists and motorists should look out for each other (in every sense)?

And being dead right does no-one any good?

I've never disagreed with that. Warpig is still wrong about who's responsible for safety when maneuvering though and thus who's at fault if they get it wrong.

Knowing that a car driver would be at fault won't stop me cycling safely of course, I'm not interested in being injured or worse and correct.

I'd say that the comment applies to the person you see in the mirror.

You've actually had it explained with reference to the HC and court cases, and yet you still think you're right despite the evidence!

---------- Post added 22-09-2018 at 08:46 ----------

What do you mean "the way I do", you haven't the faintest how I cycle apart from the fact that I've said I filter when it's appropriate to do so...

Like most things that you comment on you are wrong and ill informed.

Gordon Bennett, still on this one?

Can we agree that both cyclists and motorists should look out for each other (in every sense)?

And being dead right does no-one any good?

As a member of both groups fully agree with this comment

Feel free to go ahead and prove me, the highway code and the court cases Obelix linked, all to be wrong.

I won't hold my breath.

Its allowed for vehicles on a dual carriageway in slow moving traffic, but for a cyclist to undertake to the left of a car and in-between the car and the kerb isn't a safe thing to do.

A shame then, that's where cycle lanes are, especially leading up to advanced spaces at traffic lights.

---------- Post added 23-09-2018 at 09:43 ----------

I've nearly bowled a few cyclists over on penistone rd. They in a world of there own .

*Some* are. As are some people driving cars. Might even be the same people in different vehicles. There's no such thing as a 'cyclist', or a discreet set of behaviour attributed to that mythical species.

If Carbon copy has nearly hit a few cyclists then it suggests that the problem is with Carbon copy... Most drivers haven't nearly hit cyclists on Penistone Rd, so what's likely to be the difference?

Given that filtering is legal and expected and that cars shouldn't maneuver without checking their mirrors, it's really not the fault of a filtering rider (of either kind) if a car driver maneuvers without checking it's safe to do so.

totally agree it is the car drivers fault

but being able to correctly apportion blame on others does not take away the pain if you get get hurt by not being careful and very aware of the potential dangers of all that you do.

there are 4 wheeled vehicle drivers have not used their mirrors ..too look for other road users... since they passed their test

there are many others that seldom do.

MIRROR ..

SIGNAL your intention... not to claim right of way like many think they can...

and then

MANOUVRE seems to have gone by the wayside for many drivers

totally agree it is the car drivers fault

but being able to correctly apportion blame on others does not take away the pain if you get get hurt by not being careful and very aware of the potential dangers of all that you do.

there are 4 wheeled vehicle drivers have not used their mirrors ..too look for other road users... since they passed their test

there are many others that seldom do.

MIRROR ..

SIGNAL your intention... not to claim right of way like many think they can...

and then

MANOUVRE seems to have gone by the wayside for many drivers

Or manoeuvre.

---------- Post added 23-09-2018 at 22:02 ----------

Cyclone is one of those people who can never be wrong, and if he is then he argues that black is blue :hihi:

Or manoeuvre.

---------- Post added 23-09-2018 at 22:02 ----------

Cyclone is one of those people who can never be wrong, and if he is then he argues that black is blue :hihi:

thank you ....something very similar to this has been pointed out before by a number of people... i am aware of this problem... i should be safe though i was actually agreeing with him...partially

Warpig, feel free to prove that I am, the HC is and the court precedents are all wrong.

Strangely the few people who think I'm wrong don't wish to take up that challenge but instead just keep saying "well, you're wrong"...

Fill, I agree, I haven't once argued that being hit by a car will be made better just because they were in the wrong. And I ride appropriately to avoid that happening. I won't however sit in a queue of traffic when I can filter past it. And Warpigs assertion that blame always lies with filtering road users is still wrong.

Edited by Cyclone

And Warpigs assertion that blame always lies with filtering road users is still wrong.

I never said that, but feel free to frantically search back through all of my posts to try and prove otherwise. Here's my original comment to save you some time...

I filter all the time, whether I'm on my pushbike or motorbike. Its perfectly legal if done correctly, but the onus really is on the biker to do it safely. Cars aren't expecting you to come alongside them, and they often pull out in readiness to change lane when the traffic starts moving/speeding up. If theres an accident while filtering then the biker has to accept part of the blame, even if done correctly.

Thats another of your little tricks, discreetly twisting what folk say.

Edited by WarPig

If theres an accident while filtering then the biker has to accept part of the blame, even if done correctly.

And you are *still* wrong. The High Court disagrees with you - I gave you the reference a long time back. So why do you think you know more than the Hight Court Justices? I'm still waiting for any form of answer...