Laptop is locked

The last few days , Whenever I opened my laptop, the computer automatically reminds me - update Windows 10 , last night I clicked into it curiously.Then the computer showed "download the latest Windiws 10 version" ,I agreed and set it to "install automatically after download" mode.But I couldn't open it this morning since it's locked,there's only one account on my laptop -- a local account, but now the login password cannot be recognized , Does anyone know how to unlock it?

A third-party tools ? i tested it yesterday, without any help.

Try your microsoft account password - while installing Windows 10 it doesn't make it obvious to make a local account, and will (at every opportunity) try and put you on an MS account...

Otherwise, you can download UBCD or something similar and remove the password....

Try your microsoft account password - while installing Windows 10 it doesn't make it obvious to make a local account, and will (at every opportunity) try and put you on an MS account...

Otherwise, you can download UBCD or something similar and remove the password....

I don't have MS account on my laptop , maybe i can download UBCD to do ....

Can you give me some detailed instructions since i have no experience in this area?

Over the years, I've had countless issues with Microsoft products to the point where I don't use them now unless on a virtualised platform. The sheer amount of frustration and wasted time made me realise just how important bare metal restores were. By that, I mean the ability to switch off a machine, throw in a rescue CD and totally rebuild everything from scratch over a calming cuppa. I've got the same for Linux too (using Clonezilla). So, whilst I can't help with your specific problem, I can tell you how to avoid future ones! Get the machine running and to a level you are happy with and then back it up. Save your backups in a safe place and offline, maybe a NAS drive but make sure the restore program can see them. To be confident about the process, destroy the Operating System and do a full restore. Once working, you will be relatively immune to MS nonsense and will abuse your PC with utter contempt! It really helps to have the OS on a small fast C: drive and all your work and programs on a much larger D: drive, again, fully backed up to NAS.

Thanks for your advice .......

Also for info. My PC updated Windows 10 yesterday and when it started back up it was asking for my MS account PW. Prior to that I had a pin PW. The pin was not recognised it had to be the PW.

Also for info. My PC updated Windows 10 yesterday and when it started back up it was asking for my MS account PW. Prior to that I had a pin PW. The pin was not recognised it had to be the PW.

And then what?Is there anything to do with my problem?

As Ghozer is saying above. MS made me log in with MS account PW after update. Not the PW I was expecting to use

As Ghozer is saying above. MS made me log in with MS account PW after update. Not the PW I was expecting to use

Ok , but i didn't create any MS account ,,,,,, all i have is a local account ,,,,,

Ok , but i didn't create any MS account ,,,,,, all i have is a local account ,,,,,

When you log in do you see "log in options"?