Van runs down pedestrians in Toronto.

Soooo it gets stranger, its emerged the killer had posted to facebook in praise of a killer from 2014.

seems its some weird banned reddit thing called Incel (Involuntary celibates) ie:- people that cant get laid because they arent the attractive people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43883052

It read: "The Incel Rebellion has already begun! We will overthrow all the Chads and Stacys! All hail the Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger!"

The term "incel" refers to a now-banned group on the message site Reddit, used by Rodger, where young men discussed their lack of sexual activity and attractiveness to women - often blaming women for the problem.

"Chads and Stacys" refers to attractive men and women who are perceived as better than or unavailable to "incels", which is short for "involuntary celibate".

seems he may have been trying to kill as many Chads and stacys as he could? Oo

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/apr/25/what-is-incel-movement-toronto-van-attack-suspect

What is the link to Elliot Rodger?

The Facebook message goes on to declare “all hail the supreme gentleman Elliot Rodger”. Rodger murdered six people in 2014 in Isla Vista, California, leaving behind a lengthy manifesto that described his frustration at his inability to find a girlfriend, his hatred of women and his resentment of people in couples, particularly interracial pairs.

Rodger, who posted on SlutHate, which was then called PUAHate, was rapidly held up as a hero for the incel community, with the anniversary of the killings marked annually on the Incels subreddit, and people across the community expressing hope that someone else would follow in his footsteps. “I hope some brave incel surprises us before the end of the year,” one user on an Incel forum posted in January. Another replied: “Unless he can break the high score, it won’t be so much fun.”

How serious are incel movement members?

Like many movements, including the alt-right and the pizzagate conspiracy, which were born from the anonymous message board 4Chan, the incel movement is steeped in a form of irony that makes it difficult to pin down which beliefs are true, which are held ironically, and whether the distinction ultimately matters.

The leaked style guide of the neo-Nazi site the Daily Stormer, which takes a similar approach, made the strategy explicit: “The unindoctrinated should not be able to tell if we are joking or not … This is obviously a ploy.

No doubt their sympathisers will be springing to their defence shortly.

Edited by chalga

nice ploy, make it look like a joke and then you dont know its real, till they strike Oo

Where have we heard the 'all hail' message before.....these supremesist groups are all from the same tree,sickos.

Where have we heard the 'all hail' message before.....these supremesist groups are all from the same tree,sickos.

Skrewdriver - all hail the new dawn Oo

nice ploy, make it look like a joke and then you dont know its real, till they strike Oo

It does sound rather... surreal doesn't it. So the van driver went down the street only aiming for the good looking ones...?

It does sound rather... surreal doesn't it. So the van driver went down the street only aiming for the good looking ones...?

i think he just found a spot and thought those ******** are all getting it more than me CHAARGE, what i have read he went to a school for special needs and was a loner, being a loner seems to be a major part in a lot of these crimes, whether its like this type, right wing or islamic extremism, they tend to keep themselves to themselves...and i presume read things on the internet, which can push them over the edge into extremism

Edited by melthebell

Well thanks to a sensible and rather brave Canuck copper, they will have a chance to find out.

Well thanks to a sensible and rather brave Canuck copper, they will have a chance to find out.

indeed fella, contrey to what US police do and end up with nobody to interrogate, least the Canadians can find out exactly why and how and find any additional people

Some interesting things came out of this tragedy. One being the cop choosing not to shoot said suspect, which was refreshing and a series of American "academics" - and I use that word loosely commenting on how said cop either bottled it or failed in his duty of care.

Stranger still, one of the witnesses owned a video shop. A video shop!!!! In 2018!!!!

You are so wrong tinfoilhat. That cop was trained for in case something like this happened. Everyone here thinks the opposite of you, he was very brave and kept a cool head. The suspect told him he had a gun in his pocket to which the cop replied "I don't care." If he'd have fired his gun all that glass behind him would have shatter and maimed and killed several more people. You should read about what actually did go down and watch the video too.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43876772

You are so wrong tinfoilhat. That cop was trained for in case something like this happened. Everyone here thinks the opposite of you, he was very brave and kept a cool head.

That is exactly what tinfoil said!

Tinfoil is saying it’s the so-called American academics who are accusing the Canadian policeman of cowardice.

Tinfoil was commending the professionalism of the Canadian policeman.

I will apologize to tinfoil hat then Joker if that was his meaning. How he wrote it I understood it a different way altogether.