Should Wednesday and United merge?

Should Wednesday and United merge?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Should Wednesday and United merge?

• Yes get em merged.
    • No, it's almost blasphemy to suggest it.
    • Get a cat, who cares. Football -huh!

And where are all the football fans supposed to go? :hihi:

Owlerton, if they’ve any sense. And nowehere if they’re daft enough to accept today’s prices!

surely the point about the two clubs merging is that they sell their grounds for housing for a vast premium, as they are both placed where there is difficult parking and limited expansion. And have a joint huge superstadium in the don valley somewhere with superb transport connections for visiting supporters which will be the default wembley of the north.

The two teams play at home on alternate weeks and one side of the stadium is blue and white, the other red and white.

There's no need to merge the teams.

good idea again in theory, but neither have the resources to fill a "super ground"

the only teams ive heard doing this succesfully are AC milan and inter milan at the san siro. but they are 2 of the biggest clubs in italys history.

are you mad?

have u ever been to a derby match?

also..wednesday are a much bigger club than united.

so we (owls) don't need to merger.

wot a joke of a thread

what a joke comment, go look at the league tables sonny

The best thing about a merger would be an end to all the silly rivalry and violence that goes with it. Far better for Sheffield's footy fans to get together behind one team than fight each other.

the biggest fights dont come when refering to blades/owls, its more birmingham, cardiff west ham etc, how do you suppose we resolve this??

Liverpool is actually bigger than Sheffield and the clubs draw some support from Cheshire and Northern Ireland. I can’t see either Wednesday or United drawing support from Rotherham and Barnsley. In any case, a merger between the two Sheffield clubs is a pipe-dream; although the two teams in Leeds managed it many years ago.

what you on about, a huge chunk of owls support comes from roth/barnsley/donny

That's the point I was about to make. Surely longer term success would be more likely if they joined forces?

Loads of reasons why not though - and I don't think the fans would accept it. Mind you what has it got to do with the fans these days?

TF

long term success?? are we sure we would have a team existing? you have to look at it this way, debts would still be amounting from both clubs (even united have debt still), attendances would dwindle, as i dont know anyone who would wanna go to a merged game of the sheff teams, you would have to wait about 15 years for the new age of fans who have never supported either to come and get behind the teams again.

anyways, for anything further i refer you to this link

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=67&highlight=merge

Right now for some controversy. Who thinks that SUFC and SWFC should merge to create one super Sheffield club.

Plonker

And so is this Thread

Rearrange the following

over hell freezes when :loopy: :loopy:

Rearrange the following

over hell freezes when :loopy: :loopy:

freezes hell when over?

Quite possibly — or even the other way round. Wouldn’t like to see Sheffield UniWed (or someother daft name) slip out of the football league altogether.

I say, bring Cricket back to Bramhall Lane and make do with just Sheffield Wednesday.

If there was no Blades then you lot could be called sheffield crewednesday as thats whos team you lot seem to be buying at the moment :hihi: :hihi:

Regards CB

UTB

Right now for some controversy. Who thinks that SUFC and SWFC should merge to create one super Sheffield club.

Sid,

You have come up with many silly and entertaining polls over the short time since I registered on this forum, but all I have to say to you on this is:-

Shoo Troll Shoo

:loopy: :loopy: :loopy: :loopy: :loopy::rant: :rant: :rant:

If they did, what would be next? merging with Leeds and Barnsley etc and then eventually merging with all Northern teams, then finally all Northern teams??

...but at the end of the day who really cares? It's only a stupid game anyway.

If the fifth (or is it fourth?) largest city in the country can't sustain two teams then it's a bad job. It's folk who don't understand who talk of hatred between the fans, it's pure rubbish as we all have good mates who support the opposing team.

I was talking to a so called Unitedite who comes from Chesterfield, he knew nothing of the clubs history but hates Wednesday with avengence. Neither club needs these fair weather, out of town supporters as we can find enough Sheffielder's to do the job, particulally of the blue and white variety.

One club, one ground, one subject of conversation give us a break, where do you think we are Leeds?

Plonker

And so is this Thread

If you had been the first post you could have saved us all a lot of trouble, well summed up.