Birmingham Vs The Blades

I hope for the last 2 games, he picks a more adventurous team than the one against Birmingham, which was ridiculous. A 34 year old as the solo striker? An extra man in midfield with Brookes and Holmes on the bench? I hate to say it, but my confidence in Chris Wilder has been a little bit shaken recently but he's not been helped by the limited funds he's been given. Next season is a worry because we have an ageing squad who have struggled in the second half of the season and replacing them would mean spending more money than the club have ever been prepared to do. Incorporating Holmes and Leonard would be like having 2 new players but we desperately need a couple of young, quality strikers.

Whether you like united or not (I don’t) they are a fairly big club in the great scheme of things, I’d say being ecstatic at mid table mediocrity shows how far you have fallen.

As for people posting on here if you give it the big un when things are going well you have to expect some flack in return.

The next three months are very important as to which direction the club aim to go in.

I've never heard any Blade saying they are ecstatic about it,so that is just you projecting your spin onto this season.Most Blades are simply happy with how most of it went,and realistic about where we are,this season doesn't show how far we have fallen,it shows how much progress we have made in 2 seasons,overtaking millionaires whilst improving our own situation,so how you interpret this season as having fallen is totally at odds with reality.

I've never heard any Blade saying they are ecstatic about it,so that is just you projecting your spin onto this season.Most Blades are simply happy with how most of it went,and realistic about where we are,this season doesn't show how far we have fallen,it shows how much progress we have made in 2 seasons,overtaking millionaires whilst improving our own situation,so how you interpret this season as having fallen is totally at odds with reality.

I’ve not just based on this one season I’ve based it on the club as a whole, one of the historically bigger clubs being reduced to seeing mid table as “success”.

It’s in the boards hands now, maybe a radical change at the top is needed.

I’ve not just based on this one season I’ve based it on the club as a whole, one of the historically bigger clubs being reduced to seeing mid table as “success”.

It’s in the boards hands now, maybe a radical change at the top is needed.

Many of the historically bigger clubs would kill for a mid table position,after spending years going on about the Blades lack of success in their history,we are now one of the 'historically bigger clubs',just another example of your double standards and goalpost moving.

I hope for the last 2 games, he picks a more adventurous team than the one against Birmingham, which was ridiculous. A 34 year old as the solo striker? An extra man in midfield with Brookes and Holmes on the bench? I hate to say it, but my confidence in Chris Wilder has been a little bit shaken recently but he's not been helped by the limited funds he's been given. Next season is a worry because we have an ageing squad who have struggled in the second half of the season and replacing them would mean spending more money than the club have ever been prepared to do. Incorporating Holmes and Leonard would be like having 2 new players but we desperately need a couple of young, quality strikers.

Agree entirely, but spending loads of money doesn't guarantee anything unless it's spent wisely, just look at S6

Many of the historically bigger clubs would kill for a mid table position,after spending years going on about the Blades lack of success in their history,we are now one of the 'historically bigger clubs',just another example of your double standards and goalpost moving. He's just a "Wind Up" merchant.
Edited by kevvy

Agree entirely, but spending loads of money doesn't guarantee anything unless it's spent wisely, just look at S6

Why didn’t McCabe spend some wisely in January then, it’s not like he hasn’t got it?

Anyone heard anything from Grappler he usually has a lot to say for himself.......or is that only after a blades win!!!

Why didn’t McCabe spend some wisely in January then, it’s not like he hasn’t got it?

Anyone heard anything from Grappler he usually has a lot to say for himself.......or is that only after a blades win!!!

McCabe doesn't do the spending, he just gives Wilder a budget. We signed four players, two were know to have been targets since the summer, and we sold none, it was seen as a successful window.

In hindsight, Evans has been decent, but the rest have been either poor, or have been given a proper chance. So in hindsight, it wasn't a great window.

Not sure why you'd assume we have loads to chuck at players, and we've already been through the reasons why it'd be unwise to do so at this point in time if we did.

Not sure why you'd assume we have loads to chuck at players

A Saudi Prince with a game changing investment? :hihi:

McCabe doesn't do the spending, he just gives Wilder a budget. We signed four players, two were know to have been targets since the summer, and we sold none, it was seen as a successful window.

In hindsight, Evans has been decent, but the rest have been either poor, or have been given a proper chance. So in hindsight, it wasn't a great window.

Not sure why you'd assume we have loads to chuck at players, and we've already been through the reasons why it'd be unwise to do so at this point in time if we did.

The parameters had changed in January to what you probably expected in August it was crying out for a push to take you over the line.

I’d assume because your two chairmen are very rich men (one a blade, the other who would spend big once the time was right) crowd numbers are good and the sale of players has brought in good sums.

Summats bugging me, sunderland relegated.. keep looking at the table and mathematically they can escape, somebody put me right, its doing my head in.