Bin collection S13

Once again it's been collection day today in S13 and once again the bins haven't been emptied. Seems to be happening too often lately, don't know why what about the rest of Sheffield?.

They've put up the council tax by 6% so I think we have a right to expect the services we're paying for.

They've put up the council tax by 6% so I think we have a right to expect the services we're paying for.

But there may be a valid reason. Sometimes it is roads closed because of accidents, sometimes snow, sometimes other incidents where roads have to be closed. If you ring the council they are usually very helpful. I reported a none show earlier this year and was told it would be sorted next day. It was and then I got a call to check if it had been. Give them a chance.

Edited by drolnhoj

we're S13 and ours have been emptied, maybe just missed yours by mistake

Once again it's been collection day today in S13 and once again the bins haven't been emptied. Seems to be happening too often lately, don't know why what about the rest of Sheffield?.

I'm in S13 and ours have been emptied as usual.

Not just my bin neighbors and surrounding roads as well.

Not just my bin neighbors and surrounding roads as well.

Maybe there was a vehicle or something else blocking access to your road.

S13 is a massive area. You're going to have to narrow it down a bit. IIRC the bin men photograph why they can't do a street - usually down to badly parked cars.

But there may be a valid reason. Sometimes it is roads closed because of accidents, sometimes snow, sometimes other incidents where roads have to be closed. If you ring the council they are usually very helpful. I reported a none show earlier this year and was told it would be sorted next day. It was and then I got a call to check if it had been. Give them a chance.

I suppose it could have been snow :roll:

Sometimes due to the citywide programme of street resurfacing they cant get on some streets.

Too hot for the bin men, the rubbish might melt and give off toxic fumes.

Happen to us and a Niebhour this week, and they collected next day, but they only do that if it their fault, the Lorrys have CCTV they can easily check, seems a new MOT business had blocked the crews view of our bins, as they'd parked a Van and Car in front of the 2 bins.

At least the Lorrys have CCTV otherwise it would have been a right 2 week pain in the rear.