Chinese sauces with no English language on the packet

Cyclone and Makapaka are just trolling this thread for a laugh.

No, I just don't see what the big fuss is.

Simply don't buy the item, or don't shop there.

Would you see no issue with someone going 150mph on the motorway, as long as they dont hurt anyone or damage anything?

No he said there is "no English language" at all.

I can read English.

Whilst it is ambiguous, the post emphasises the lack of instructions.

In my opinion, the first sentence of his post before the comma clarifies he is talking about the entire packaging.

So it would be fine to say to someone just go to the next shop if there was a sign in the window saying "no blacks, no Irish" then...?

So it would be fine to say to someone just go to the next shop if there was a sign in the window saying "no blacks, no Irish" then...?

I agree with you totally,as a type 1 diabetic i need to know exactly what i am buying and the carbohydrate content of said item.There is a petition on the Diabetes uk website to try and make the government make it law that foods sold in the Uk must show the full nutritional content.

Guest makapaka

No - that would be racism.

---------- Post added 20-04-2018 at 23:00 ----------

Would you see no issue with someone going 150mph on the motorway, as long as they dont hurt anyone or damage anything?

No - that would be speeding recklessly and they would have a chance of killing someone through their own reckless actions.

It's not "one", go into the majority of foreign food supermarkets and you will find imported products with no english labelling on them.

I'm not sure this is true. I go into Tai Sun and Yi-Mart regularly and everything I've ever bought has an English label on it, which as I understand it is put on by the importer, not the store. So which supermarket is it that is importing non-labelled products?

I agree with you totally,as a type 1 diabetic i need to know exactly what i am buying and the carbohydrate content of said item.There is a petition on the Diabetes uk website to try and make the government make it law that foods sold in the Uk must show the full nutritional content.

Best not buy loose fruit and veg at the market then:rolleyes:

No - that would be racism..

Yes it would. Contrary to the Equality Act 2010 because race is a protected characteristic.

The exact same identical section of law also classifies medical issues like food allergies as being a protected characteristic. So that's why it's illegal to not label food in English.

http://www.nutmums.com/disability-discrimination-peanut-allergy/

Just reading about that and I suspect that it counts only sometimes and depending on the circumstance.

Albeit this isn't a legal document, just the first google hit. If there's actual legislation you can link then I will of course change my opinion.

---------- Post added 21-04-2018 at 06:54 ----------

I'm not sure this is true. I go into Tai Sun and Yi-Mart regularly and everything I've ever bought has an English label on it, which as I understand it is put on by the importer, not the store. So which supermarket is it that is importing non-labelled products?

I don't know, but I suspect that the thai 'supermarket' at the bottom of London Road doesn't label anything, I'm sure I've seen things in there which are just Greek to me... ;)

No - that would be racism.

---------- Post added 20-04-2018 at 23:00 ----------

No - that would be speeding recklessly and they would have a chance of killing someone through their own reckless actions.

Just like someone with a nut allergy inadvertently eating something from one of these packets, hmm?