Sign in to follow this  

Shevchenko to Chelsea - £34m

Eto is not a better player. He is quicker, that is all.

Sorry mate- for once I will disagree with you again- god forbid!

Eto'o is a much better player than Shevchenko.. Sheva at 29 year old is not as good as he was and for chelsea to pay over £30m for him was a mistake.

They didnt get Eto'o for the simple reason that he sees the club and manager for what they are- a 2nd rate Madrid wannabe who have had to buy their team to gain success whereas Barca have brought in a couple of players, nurtured a lot through the ranks and have done what Mourinho still has to do at Chelsea- and thats win the champions league.

Just curious...

How many of you Chelsea "supporters"...

a) were born near Stamford Bridge

b) have ever been to Stamford Bridge

c) ever lived near Stamford Bridge

d) know where Stamford Bridge is

e) have "supported" Chelsea for more than 5 years

Similar things can be asked of Man Utd supporters. Old Trafford holds around 70,000 I think, yet Man Utd have millions of supporters in this country, never mind globally.

Of the two Man Utd fans I know personally, neither of them were born or raised in Manchester, and neither have been to Old Trafford. There are a couple more on here like that too....

All this talk of Mourinho being a failure is premature too. He's a young manager who has already won Portuguese cups and titles, UEFA Cup, Champions League, two Premier League titles and the league cup.

He's achieved more in his short spell as a club manager than what Alex Ferguson did in the same amount of time when he first started out.

Similar things can be asked of Man Utd supporters. Old Trafford holds around 70,000 I think, yet Man Utd have millions of supporters in this country, never mind globally.

Of the two Man Utd fans I know personally, neither of them were born or raised in Manchester, and neither have been to Old Trafford. There are a couple more on here like that too....

My answers to the same questions

a) were born near Old Trafford

b) have ever been to Old Trafford

c) ever lived near Old Trafford

d) know where Old Trafford is

e) have "supported" Man United for more than 5 years

a) No b) No c) No d) Yep e) Yep

Now let me add some questions of my own people should be asking supporters before coming to the conclussion of armchair wizzard.

f) Is your support for your team passed down through family for years?

g) Do you still love your club enough to be passionate about whats wrong in the club- even though you 'should' as a sheep keep your mouth shut?

h) Even if you dont attend matches- do you still support the club financially by watching them on PPV TV and spent lots on merchandise?

My answers to those questions- f) Yep g) Hell yes h) Yep indeedy

I think we are going back to the point where yes I dont go to matches again- or its going that way again, and again I will bring up the point of- Man Utd has a global army of fans that all cant get to matches, to say that they are a lesser fan than people who attend is just stupid!

Lets not go down that path again please.

All this talk of Mourinho being a failure is premature too. He's a young manager who has already won Portuguese cups and titles, UEFA Cup, Champions League, two Premier League titles and the league cup.

He's achieved more in his short spell as a club manager than what Alex Ferguson did in the same amount of time when he first started out.

I think you are trying to bait me into an argument young fellow- which I am not falling for :hihi:

Mourinho has only got the success he has at chelsea because he has roms millions mate- and he still hasnt won a proper double in england, a treble in england or the champions league with chelsea yet :thumbsup:

I think you are trying to bait me into an argument young fellow- which I am not falling for :hihi:

Mourinho has only got the success he has at chelsea because he has roms millions mate- and he still hasnt won a proper double in england, a treble in england or the champions league with chelsea yet :thumbsup:

mourinho was very succesful with porto mate, and with his previous club Uniao de Leiria with very little money at the latter club, and not massive amounts at porto either.

if mourinho stays at the bridge for as long as fergie has at OT then im sure he will complete the treble like manure once did.

mourinho was very succesful with porto mate, and with his previous club Uniao de Leiria with very little money at the latter club, and not massive amounts at porto either.

if mourinho stays at the bridge for as long as fergie has at OT then im sure he will complete the treble like manure once did.

I agree with you mate- he did a grand job at porto with little cash the same as Uniao.

We shall see if he can match fergie then mate!

But he won a Champions League title, knocking out big teams (including Man Utd) on the way, and a UEFA cup with Porto.

He spent a fraction of the cost of his european rivals en route: Celtic, Man Utd, Real Madrid........ and beat them all.

No matter how much people harp on about the money Chelsea have spent, they can only put 11 men on the pitch and they have to perform together to succeed.

It doesn't matter how much/little they cost, the manager needs to gel them, hefty transfer fees and wages cannot force them to work together as a team. Mourinho has done a good job.

A fan who attends games is more of a fan than one who doesnt, or at least, NEVER HAS.

End of.

Case closed.

No further questions your honour.

Why I cant understand is that you are not even curious enough to go.

You seem to have a 1984 mentality about what you would actually find there.

A fan who attends games is more of a fan than one who doesnt, or at least, NEVER HAS.

End of.

Case closed.

i definately agree with you on this, for someone who claims to be a massive united fan, not to have even been to OT to me is very bizarre, i mean even ive been to OT, but then again i do like to games altogether, nothing like singing your heart out with the boys and getting behind them properly

End of.

Case closed.

So with that one comment you have tarred every united fan thats never been to a game and OT with the same brush- in your eyes then, you are saying that our norweigan fans cannot possibly be as good as you because they might not attend matches, our japanese fanbase is not as good as you because they cant attend OT on matchday.

What an absolutely pathetic fan you really are guds.

And you wonder why I dont go to matches.

I'm not curious to go- because I just know I will bump into someone with the same mindset such as yourself- no thanks.

i definately agree with you on this, for someone who claims to be a massive united fan, not to have even been to OT to me is very bizarre, i mean even ive been to OT, but then again i do like to games altogether, nothing like singing your heart out with the boys and getting behind them properly

So by that comment- you are agreeing with laddo then above?

People who dont go to matches or cant attend them are inferior to people such as yourself?

Can I just remind you of something as well- I see your fanbase has grown significantly now that you are back in the premiership for a year- will these new addons be classed as inferior to someone like yourself as well?