Cannot serch in microsoft edge

Edge did the same to me a few months ago. I eventually fixed it - there was a conflict with Trusteer/Rapport. If you have that installed, try removing or updating it.

Microsoft have issued a cumulative update (KB4093105) for Win10 Version 1709 which may address the browser issue

The update will bring the Win10 to 1709 16299 402

To update do the following

Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check online for updates from Microsoft Update.

Details about the update on the following link

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4093105/windows-10-update-kb4093105

Thanks for reply’s, away from home at moment will update when back. Thankyou

---------- Post added 28-04-2018 at 11:32 ----------

Back home now but can’t get comp to serch. Tried downloading google chrome finished up with a program called. Findoo. Tried searching with this, is it safe?

More I try I keep getting into more trouble. Looks like a trip to comp shop at Firth Park. He sells refurbished computers and he will sort me out I hope. My comp is 5 years old and very slow. Any suggestions will be welcome or shall I go down that Rute.

Have you updated the OS using the procedure in post #15?

Have you tried launching Internet Explorer as suggested in post #9?

I tried Findoo on my Win10 preview machine, it's something I would not recommend, my prefered browser is Firefox.

If it's all getting a bit too much for you then take it to your local computer store, or contact Mozalan, I have never

used his service but he gets pretty good reviews.

Tried to download Firefox but can’t do it . Findoo seems to take control all the time

Hi regblind,

That is interesting - just done a search for Findoo and only available for download in US - go to UK Microsoft Software Channel and they are offering Chrome o! Are you able to browse okay with the Findoo browser or is it creating issues for you? ;)

Browsing is ok with findoo but is it safe?

regblind,

Have you tried updating the OS of your computer?

Have you tried launching Internet Explorer?

swarfendor43

With my brief trial of Findoo, it does not appear to support any extensions or add-ons, thus it may be susceptible to specially crafted malicious ads!

Hi Mikes10,

I wasn't recommending Findoo - it is the first time I had heard of it via regblind. ;)

When I saw the name I wondered if it was a virus! :hihi:

Think I have now sorted it. I did a reset ,I googled it on my iPad and reloaded everything after and it now seems ok and much faster, Thankyou for all your input over th last 2 weeks.