Cannot serch in microsoft edge

For some reason when i open edge on my desktop computer i type-what i want but

after about 20 seconds it reverts back to desktop. Internet is there as i can view news and weather etc. Have i picked up a virus or clicked somethink i shouldent have. Any help please

Thanks for giving me somethink to try. Did what the link said but edge browser is closing after about 20 seconds. Not opening a page at all,just blank ,anymore sugestions i could try please.

Thanks for giving me somethink to try. Did what the link said but edge browser is closing after about 20 seconds. Not opening a page at all,just blank ,anymore sugestions i could try please.

Do other browsers (Firefox, Chrome) do the same thing? Sounds to me like there is a reason Edge is 'panicking' and closing which could well be a virus response.

I have no other browsers on my mc. I can’t put another one on because edge will not open to search and download one. Is they a way to download one without using edge?

Copy this link for downloading of Firefox for 64-bit Windows (do you know if you are 64-bit or 32-bit?)

https://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-latest-ssl&os=win64&lang=en-US

into Word document then left Ctrl+ left Mouse click to open link to download the file.

Keep us posted. ;)

Running 64bit. Will try this tomorrow. Thankyou for taking the time to help me. Will let you know how I go on.

Internet explorer should be there. Microsoft just hide it in the background.

Try typing internet explorer in the search/Cortana box.

You can also find it in the Windows Accessories folder from the start menu.

Repair it.

Click Start Button then,

Settings

Apps

Find Microsoft Edge

Click it

Advanced options

Click Repair

Getting more and more confused,trying different things. I thought I would go into web store and download googl chrome. Did this nd launched it but no icon and nothing in download folder or programs but i ow have a browser called finding, I googled this on iPad and it says using google. Am I safe with this as it seems to each ok. Tried downloading Firefox but only get adverts wanting me to download alsorts

It sounds as if you have malware. Perhaps it would be best to ask a technician to look at it. It might take some time to clean up. Sometimes it is easier and more reliable to reformat.