Ant McPartlin's obscene wage

Is he really on a "weekly wage"? Seems a bit unlikely to me.

Is he really on a "weekly wage"? Seems a bit unlikely to me.

No but they have clearly just divided the annual figure by 52 as fines can be based on a weekly income figure, and in this instance it obvious was based on his income.

Isn't ITV funded by advertising, I thought the licence fee only went to the BBC?

Exactly.

/endofthread

:hihi:

If anyone gets offered that kind of money I think 99.9 percent would take it,my opinion is they're not worth that a year never mind a week.

On tv this morning gobby Piers Morgan says my thoughts are with Ant and wish him all the best,to me what he did less on par with what the guy did when he hit the 3 teenagers,the only difference is he hit a car which possibly saved the occupants from serious injury.

If anyone gets offered that kind of money I think 99.9 percent would take it,my opinion is they're not worth that a year never mind a week.

They make a kind of TV for people who are easily entertained - BGT, Saturday Night Takeaway, I'm a Celeb - three programmes I can't stand.

But I'm sure the viewer figures, advertising revenue, and constant awards they get must count for something at ITV towers, hence their salaries.

Was completely stunned yesterday when it emerged Ant McPartlins weekly wage was £130,000!!

That's downright offensive in my view. I honestly don't understand how the TV companies can justify such ludicrous sums.

I'm assuming Dec his co host is on the same wage too, so between them it costs us the license payer over £1m per month to have the pair on TV!!

Crackers!!

(Just spotted title misspelling - stupid auto correct!)

Presumably you feel the same about football players?

---------- Post added 18-04-2018 at 11:34 ----------

Regardless if it's BBC or advertising, it's still excessive in my view. And speaking of which aren't forums to air views?

You can't reasonably expect to air a view that "this costs the licence payer" when it's a fact that he's not working for the BBC and it costs the licence payer nothing. That's not an opinion or a view, it's just being wrong.

They make a kind of TV for people who are easily entertained - BGT, Saturday Night Takeaway, I'm a Celeb - three programmes I can't stand.

But I'm sure the viewer figures, advertising revenue, and constant awards they get must count for something at ITV towers, hence their salaries.

exactly, not my thing either but the amount of people who stay in on a saturday night and watch these shows

In perspective the channel lost 1.8 BILLION£ when he past went into rehab.

If thats the loss how much revenue does he bring in.

If i contributed that much to my employers business i'd want more than minimum wage and more than any other employee.

They lost £1.8billion because of him???

Are you sure??

The yearly revenue of ITV plc is only 3 billion, you're telling me they lost near 60% of that just because one man went into rehab??

Total rubbish I say.

They lost £1.8billion because of him???

Are you sure??

The yearly revenue of ITV plc is only 3 billion, you're telling me they lost near 60% of that just because one man went into rehab??

Total rubbish I say.

It's the value of ITV which took a hit of £1.2bn according to this: ITV loses £1.2 billion.

His salary is obscene,and I think he should consider himself very lucky he isn’t serving a prison sentence, although I think there was a very crafty move,he immediately went into rehab, maybe to make people think he was doing something about his crime, and of course it would look good when his case went to court wouldn’t it.?What judge could give him a sentence while he had voluntary booked himself into rehab at a minutes notice? Nice one that Ant!

His salary is obscene,and I think he should consider himself very lucky he isn’t serving a prison sentence, although I think there was a very crafty move,he immediately went into rehab, maybe to make people think he was doing something about his crime, and of course it would look good when his case went to court wouldn’t it.?What judge could give him a sentence while he had voluntary booked himself into rehab at a minutes notice? Nice one that Ant!

Its nice to see that celebs and the rich can go into rehab to avoid the full weight of the law.