Litter picking around Middlewood/Hillsborough?

Hi, I would like to organise a team of people to help pick litter around Middelwood/ Hillsborough area, is anyone interested? :) Thanks

Have a peek at the Sheffield litter pickers page, it may be what you need.

Have a peek at the Sheffield litter pickers page, it may be what you need.

Just to clarify, it's a Facebook page.

I have joined already but they only have one event in May so far and not in my area. I hoped to clean up where I live.

Just go out and do it!

Get a bag, get a litter picker upper, and go pick up litter!

That is what I do every week, no hi vis jacket, no gloves, nobody else, just me, a picker upper and a bag. It is quite easy.....

Just go out and do it!

Get a bag, get a litter picker upper, and go pick up litter!

That is what I do every week, no hi vis jacket, no gloves, nobody else, just me, a picker upper and a bag. It is quite easy.....

I do the same although I don’t have a litter picker. I just use rubber gloves. The council will collect it if you then bag it up. Also the streets ahead app is good. If you photograph the fly tipping or graffiti etc and send it them, they will sort it.

Good on the OP for trying to organise something! I’d stick to social media to recruit volunteers though, I doubt you will get any from here.. :help:

I do the same although I don’t have a litter picker. I just use rubber gloves. The council will collect it if you then bag it up. Also the streets ahead app is good. If you photograph the fly tipping or graffiti etc and send it them, they will sort it.

I'll give that app a try. I've logged a report about litter in this area, it's an absolute disgrace, particularly around where Wadsley Park Village meets Middlewood road, near the nursery, but nothing's been done yet.

---------- Post added 18-04-2018 at 11:51 ----------

Hi, I would like to organise a team of people to help pick litter around Middelwood/ Hillsborough area, is anyone interested? :) Thanks

If you get a group organised, let me know, I'm keen to help. It'll need a fair few people to make even a dent in it though!

Edited by Olive

Good on the OP for trying to organise something! I’d stick to social media to recruit volunteers though, I doubt you will get any from here.. :help:

if you are a group carrying out work on the public highway Amey will supply pickers bags etc and collect refuse

90% of the litter around here is caused by those ridiculous paper recycling boxes with no lid so the paper blows all over the street.

90% of the litter around here is caused by those ridiculous paper recycling boxes with no lid so the paper blows all over the street.

And, statistically, 100% of that litter is caused by people being stupid enough to put litter in boxes with no lids.

There is a thread on that Facebook page that started on the 7th of March with several people looking to help out.

I regularly litter pick up at Hillsborough Park, this morning it was clear people had been enjoying yesterday's sunshine, plenty of picnic rubbish everywhere.