DVLA Road Tax Cost Query

I have just submitted my road tax payment online to the official DVLA site. The form V11 stated £190 for the year. Upon submitting the payment it showed that £195 is demanded.

Last year for the same car the same thing occurred, but I thought that the extra £5 was for the credit card transaction. But this year the credit card charge no longer exists. So what I am asking is. What is the extra £5 charge for? There is no explanation of extra cost on the form unless it is paid by direct debit. Can anybody explain please?:confused:

I have just submitted my road tax payment online to the official DVLA site. The form V11 stated £190 for the year. Upon submitting the payment it showed that £195 is demanded.

Last year for the same car the same thing occurred, but I thought that the extra £5 was for the credit card transaction. But this year the credit card charge no longer exists. So what I am asking is. What is the extra £5 charge for? There is no explanation of extra cost on the form unless it is paid by direct debit. Can anybody explain please?:confused:

Are you Band G? £195 is the correct cost.

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables/rates-for-cars-registered-on-or-after-1-march-2001

Maybe it went up by a fiver on the 1st April and the increase didn't make it onto your letter.

Did you not read this?

The amount quoted may be different to the one stated on your reminder (V11), as these are printed in advance. This is due to new vehicle tax rates taking affect from the 1st of April. The rate you pay will be the same whether you purchase the vehicle tax online, by phone or at the Post Office®."

It goes up in the budget, so your reminder has the old price on, happens to me every year

And of course every single penny is spent on our wonderful road network to keep it in pristine condition. On the other hand, its certainly not.

Angel1.

Now, there's room for thought. Do you think that there is a secret team who work at the dead of night, nipping out, and actually making potholes in the roads with the intent of creating work for Amey? :suspect:

Now, there's room for thought. Do you think that there is a secret team who work at the dead of night, nipping out, and actually making potholes in the roads with the intent of creating work for Amey? :suspect:

No.

And of course every single penny is spent on our wonderful road network to keep it in pristine condition. On the other hand, its certainly not.

Angel1.

Don't be silly, it all goes to May's money tree where she can pluck fruit at random to pay for bombs but not schools.

As the question is answered, Im closing this.

Thank you.