Sheffield Council boss earns more than Prime Minister.

Total rubbish, the leaders of the failed Rotherham Council that were complicit in the recent child abuse cases were also highly paid, its a case of the incompetent awarding themselves huge wages because they can, ludicrous.

Were they arrested, charged and convicted of what you accuse them off here? As far as I am aware they haven't. But if they have than it shows how much responsibility goes with this job.

'In charge of tens of thousands of people.' Actually SCC current staff number is around 7,000.

Many of which have not had a pay rise for several years, while Mr Mothersole, has had a jumber of pay rises over that period.

Thanks for the correction, fairly certain, although I could be mistaken, that it was more than 10,000 when he started. Goes to show he has had some really tough decisions to make. Also, can you demonstrate that he has received pay rises when no other council workers did? Thanks.

Mothersole should have been sack for the Sevenstones debacle.

Because it was his fault that the world went into recession right before they started work on it and suddenly half the shop in the city were empty?

Thanks for the correction, fairly certain, although I could be mistaken, that it was more than 10,000 when he started. Goes to show he has had some really tough decisions to make. Also, can you demonstrate that he has received pay rises when no other council workers did? Thanks.

Many council workers were transferred over to Amey when the Streets Ahead contract began.

Many council workers were transferred over to Amey when the Streets Ahead contract began.

Exactly and along with it all the responsibility previously held by the eighteen or so Council employees who are on a hundred grand or more.

Exactly and along with it all the responsibility previously held by the eighteen or so Council employees who are on a hundred grand or more.

Eh?

There are 7 council employees on £100,000 or more according to this;

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/top-salaries-for-sheffield-council-bosses-revealed-in-new-report-1-8488305

And since when has Amey had responsibility for the likes of Social Services?

Surprising thing is though, when these CEO's who blatantly fail and are "forced" to move on (with all the associated perks) seem to drop on another CEO job without any problem. How that happens is a complete mystery to me.

Angel1.

Were they arrested, charged and convicted of what you accuse them off here? As far as I am aware they haven't. But if they have than it shows how much responsibility goes with this job.

http://www.gmb.org.uk/newsroom/sheffield-council-misery

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/top-salaries-for-sheffield-council-bosses-revealed-in-new-report-1-8488305

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/top-earners-revealed-in-council-s-salary-list-1-5660536

Mothersole received £209,508 in 2011-12, Inc. pension contributions. The latest figures show he receives £219,000.

The first link refers to the GMB's assessment of SCC's workers' pay.

Eh?

There are 7 council employees on £100,000 or more according to this;

And since when has Amey had responsibility for the likes of Social Services?

Some are on over £120,000 so just average it out among the eighteen high trouserers . As to social services who knows .

Edited by Albert smith

Guest makapaka

What would people say is a reasonable salary for someone in John Mothersoles position?

What would people say is a reasonable salary for someone in John Mothersoles position?

On his current form Thirty Bob . How much do you think ?

Guest makapaka
On his current form Thirty Bob . How much do you think ?

I don’t mean him personally-I mean for that position?

What would you consider to be a reasonable salary for Mr Mothersole and why, given that he's paid more than the PM?