Mobile fresh fishmonger

Does anyone know if there is a fishmonger who delivers fresh fish to your door? Does anyone cover Tinsley area? Thanks

I wish I did - Darnall area.

Business opportunity for someone. though risky

I wouldn't think it would be a good business opportunity with Morrison's owning Grimsby fish plant, I think a mobile fishmonger would struggle to compete. I do know one who lives in grimsby though and they do very well

there a guy who comes around on Tuesday in tinsley call him huss not bad prices for his fish

Seen a guy on Handsworth Road fairly regularly (not sure if Monday or Tuesday but think more likely Tuesday going on earlier posts) below Parkway roundabout towards White Rose. I will try note his phone number next time I see his van.

There's a few mobile fishmongers around but they don't usually do door-to-door stuff, more often go to markets etc and park up for a while.

Does anyone know if there is a fishmonger who delivers fresh fish to your door? Does anyone cover Tinsley area? Thanks

Yes these people do it:

https://twitter.com/superfish1231?lang=en

I had a delivery from them a few weeks ago, and was satisfied. Not sure how often they come to Sheffield though, have the impression it might be around once a month.

Just make sure you go on personal recommendation. Quite often a story does the rounds about an unmarked white van selling bad fish.

I've been using Regal Fish for a couple of years.

https://www.regalfish.co.uk/

They come to Sheffield every 2 months. Great selection with reasonable prices.

They email you when they're coming to Sheffield, then ring you the week before they're due to take your order. You can choose a delivery slot, and pay by card or cash to the driver.

Everybody I've dealt with has been really friendly and the quality of the fish is great!

Why don’t so called fishmongers, know how to bone and skin flat fish? Tackling a Dover Sole with bone in somehow ruins the food experience. Iceland do a good boned Dover Sole, but not in their Woodseats or Chesterfield branches.

We’re off to Southern Spain this weekend, and the Spanish idea of cooking fish is to gut it and throw it on to a barbecue. I’m going to have a shop around and cook our own fish, our terrace overlooking the Med is a great place to eat, and a damned sight cheaper, that’s a Yorkshireman for you. ;)

Just make sure you go on personal recommendation. Quite often a story does the rounds about an unmarked white van selling bad fish.

I think that's Pollock's!

We had someone knock on the door asking if we wanted to buy fish a few weeks ago. Seemed strange as neither of them was dressed like a fish monger, both in tracksuits.