Do electricians not want work?

Just the same with plumbers.

There is a shortage of plumbers, electricians, and bricklayers because young men cannot or do not want to train as an apprentices for those trades.

As a tradesmen "plasterer" I personally don't do domestic work anymore as I find it a waste of time and money quoting. I used to do well out of house bashing but now find that everyone seems to be on the cheap and I'm not cheap but the job gets done right !

I comfortably earn a very good living without hassle on site so without the bull !

Try Loxley Electrical. (0114) 233 5274.

Run by Warren Trippett. Used him a few times. Decent bloke, reasonable prices.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Polish workmen don't have much competition do they....

Insults and personal comments are to cease. Any further and you will find your account suspended.

It seems we're all the same, may as well do the work yourselves. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

There is a shortage of plumbers, electricians, and bricklayers because young men cannot or do not want to train as an apprentices for those trades.
.........so we finish up with some like the burglar ( sorry tradesman) that has just died in London trying to charge an elderly person £72,000 for replacing a roof tile!

We have found the same thing with decorators.

And training providers who offer apprenticeships cannot recruit trainers to deliver that training - because the tradespeople pros can earn more actually doing their trDe than colleges and training providers can pay them!

You answered your own question, Do electricians not want tricky work in old houses?

But they only wanted him to pop round and switch the electric blanket on!

I suspect the real reason there is such a shortage of tradesmen in Sheffield is because they have steady regular work for the next 6 to 10 years working on the enormous new retail and office sites in town and on the 10,000 new apartments that are being built in the city.

Many are probably working 7 days a week to stay on top of their workload.

I suspect the real reason there is such a shortage of tradesmen in Sheffield is because they have steady regular work for the next 6 to 10 years working on the enormous new retail and office sites in town and on the 10,000 new apartments that are being built in the city.

Many are probably working 7 days a week to stay on top of their workload.

Yep as i do working on the new student buildings which is steady away on very good money without the hassles of people and domestic work. I dont blame people for not wanting domstic work as i dont want it !

what i will day is fear not as there are plenty of cheap unqualified people out there which will suit most !!

Edited by Starlc