'Windrush generation' face deportation threat.

Not sure why Labour are getting the blame; but well done for trying to turn this into a Corbyn bashing thread :rolleyes:

Thank you very much, didn't you notice the Amber Rudd comment by the way?

Have you managed to find my ‘old chap’ insult?

:hihi:

Stupid Home Office jobsworths fuelling Corbyn and co’s fires of hatred, pull your finger out Amber Rudd and sort out the lobotomised idiot who is responsible for this, even if it’s you.

I have read articles claiming the problem stems from when Theresa was in charge. Allegedly she filled all the key management positions with people who shared her views about getting as many immigrants deported as possible. I suppose its hard for Amber to change the direction, given who is now her boss....

I have read articles claiming the problem stems from when Theresa was in charge. Allegedly she filled all the key management positions with people who shared her views about getting as many immigrants deported as possible. I suppose its hard for Amber to change the direction, given who is now her boss....

Well as Harry H Truman said “The buck stops here”, Theresa is the boss, so it stops with her, best sort it sharpish Theresa.

They have very tough immigration targets, almost impossible targets.

They have very tough immigration targets, almost impossible targets.

Then they should look at the more recent illegal entrants and overstayers, the criminals and the European migrants who have swelled the numbers of rough sleepers etc. Not older people who've been here 60 odd years, and were invited by the British Government. It wouldn't take a genius to differentiate.

Then they should look at the more recent illegal entrants and overstayers, the criminals and the European migrants who have swelled the numbers of rough sleepers etc. Not older people who've been here 60 odd years, and were invited by the British Government. It wouldn't take a genius to differentiate.

I agree. Whatever happened to common sense?

On the whole, I’m certain that you’re talking to the converted. Conversally a West Indian neighbour in his 60’s is having a house built in Jamaica as he condsiders the UK to be a total mess.

that was always the pattern with a lot of immigrants to the United States, too -and which people can forget.

quite a lot of them didn't give a rat's ass about joining into any liberal democratic political system. They just wanted to immigrate, work, perhaps drop a kid or two, make some money, and then go back home and live in the comfort in their retirement that would have been impossible otherwise, if they had just stayed at home - and there is nothing wrong with that.

People should know by now the Government always goes for the easy option, they don't have to hunt for the people and the statistics look good as they show people being kicked out the country.

Hope this is overturned . Smells of going after the soft target , when thousands of illegal immigrants have just disappeared

Guest makapaka

It’s an absolute disgrace and needs resolving quickly.

On the whole, I’m certain that you’re talking to the converted. Conversally a West Indian neighbour in his 60’s is having a house built in Jamaica as he condsiders the UK to be a total mess.

Frying pan and fire jumps to mind