'Value' Graphics cards

Thought i'd put this out there

I'm well out of touch with PC components these days, but what's the current thinking on sub £100 GPU's?

Building a replacement machine for my son, and he likes to do mild gaming on it (Fortnite) - but by the looks of it (and presumably thanks to bitcoin mining), prices on even older cards seem to be stupid!

Was expecting to find to find something like a 1050ti for less than a hundred quid - seems i was deluded!

Thoughts?

You can get a 2gb gtx 750ti sc doesnt need extra power from psu very small for factor you can pick these up now for around 45 pounds a really good card for a budget

Was hoping for something with slightly more grunt like a 1050ti or a GTX 970

Probably delusional though to expect to find them for < £100 !

Well when they found everyone was willing to pay big money for graphics cards they didn't see a reason to cut the prices ever again.

Demand is on the wane now though, people are getting out of Crypto coins like rats off a sinking ship so hopefully the prices will start to crash.

Was hoping for something with slightly more grunt like a 1050ti or a GTX 970

Probably delusional though to expect to find them for < £100 !

to be honest ive had both cards a gtx 950 and a few 750 ti sc and i hardly could tell much diffence at all on games like cod gta v battlefield 1 fifa 18 ect...

and gtx 950 cost me just over 130 second hand while gtx 750 ti sc cost a little over 40 second hand

Bitcoin mining is a genuine killer to the gaming PC market at the moment. That and the fall in the value of the pound have caused sharp price increases. Add to that mixture the fact that both Nvidia and AMD threw their money behind VR and are set not to recoup their money on that at all and you can say we are... stuck.

Fortunately gaming demands on graphics haven't gone up dramatically either. Older machines can certainly cope with Fortnite for example.

Ever considered the new AMD Ryzen APUs? Could a Ryzen 5 2400G not fulfil your needs?

Ideally, you would want something like a Kaby Lake G such as a i7-8809G but they are only found in mobile setups (except Hades Canyon).

Found a GTX960 for not a lot of money. Benchmarks suggest it's similar in performance to a 1050ti - time will tell

Thanks for the input!

Found a GTX960 for not a lot of money. Benchmarks suggest it's similar in performance to a 1050ti - time will tell

Thanks for the input!

That’s not a bad shout. It’s a decent card, so enjoy.