Hull City v Wednesday

The fans or the ownership?

Ownership.... While ever there"s 25,000 plus coming through the turnstiles there more than happy. the fans would like some big signings, that's where the gambol comes in, Wednesday tried it with Di Canio, Cabone, ETC. And what happened relegation, got into debt and almost administration, having said that the owls have always been the more ambitious of the 2 clubs.

Ownership.... While ever there"s 25,000 plus coming through the turnstiles there more than happy. the fans would like some big signings, that's where the gambol comes in, Wednesday tried it with Di Canio, Cabone, ETC. And what happened relegation, got into debt and almost administration, having said that the owls have always been the more ambitious of the 2 clubs.

There is a middle ground though, you don't have to spend either nothing or blow millions, I'm pretty sure had the board at SUFC backed the manager a little more in January the club could be either assured of the play offs or pushing for automatic now, the main fact from the second half of the season is that chances have not been put away, a better quality signing may have done that.

I think they could regret it long term.

There is a middle ground though, you don't have to spend either nothing or blow millions, I'm pretty sure had the board at SUFC backed the manager a little more in January the club could be either assured of the play offs or pushing for automatic now, the main fact from the second half of the season is that chances have not been put away, a better quality signing may have done that.

Fair comments tops.

As could clubs that have spent and regretted it

I think it would have taken an unrealistic amount of investment to really challenge for automatic. I think a top quality striker would have had us in the play offs though.

Aside from picking a gem on the cheap, a quality striker would have cost too much, and we'd have had to pay him considerably more than anyone in our squad. That wouldn't have gone well.

It was never going to happen.

I think it would have taken an unrealistic amount of investment to really challenge for automatic. I think a top quality striker would have had us in the play offs though.

Aside from picking a gem on the cheap, a quality striker would have cost too much, and we'd have had to pay him considerably more than anyone in our squad. That wouldn't have gone well.

If the clubs intention is Premier League football then something has to change.

Was"nt Jorden Rhodes purchased to fire owls into the play offs?

I agree,we need a striker with proven form in this or a higher level, but the wages for players that are sat on benches in the lower premier league are beyond belief, could be the loan market again next year

It was in the hope of going for automatic, we already looked well capable of the play offs, his record at the time was worthy of the gamble.

As far as i understand CW got what he asked for. Sure he would have spent more if it was offered though.

As far as i understand CW got what he asked for. Sure he would have spent more if it was offered though.

His targets may have originally been based on consolidation by January things looked better than that. He's proved he can do the job I think he's just asking for a little help to get to the next level.

And Abdi, van Aken, Reach etc