Our iPad has died

Without notice our 6 year old iPad has stopped working.

Screen blank and no power lights.

Chargers and leads used from other working iPads.

I have tried the recommended resets directly.

iMac does not recognise it when connected.

Will this be a memory or battery problem, or something else?

Some data would be useful to retrieve but I am quite happy to bin it as its main use will end in June, unless there is a reasonable repair possible.

Best alternative to iPad?

plug power in, leave it for 15-20 mins, then press and hold power and home together for at least 30 seconds...

if you see the apple logo, leave it on there for a while, if not, then there's a chance the battery's died, or it's died alltogether...

Tried this with all the different chargers and leads- nothing.

Thanks

I would agree with that...I replaced my ipad with this samsung pad.... and it is nowhere near as good.

Best alternative to iPad?

Another iPad. You got 6 years out of an iPad - an Android one will be useless within months.

Another iPad. You got 6 years out of an iPad - an Android one will be useless within months.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::rolleyes:

Do they really only have a 10 hour battery life...? I get 35 out of my lenovo android tablet..

Battery life is not something that I think about much so I don’t know the answer to that. I charge my iPad each morning so never run it down. Doesn’t seem to go down very fast. I guess it is what you are used to and I really like my iPad Air. It gets a lot of use and was (IMO), good value for money. This is our second one and the first is still going strong at about five years old (including battery). They are so easy to use and also safe.

Edited by Jomie

Guessing you have iTunes installed on your PC/Mac?

Hold the home button down, and connect it to your computer with itunes running, keep the button held down, and hopefully, you'll see something on the iPad screen, if you do, relese the home button, and post back for further instruction.

Do they really only have a 10 hour battery life...? I get 35 out of my lenovo android tablet..

35 hours screen time? Or does it only last a day and a half until the battery drains?

Are you saying that if you charged it today and left it on, it would be dead in 2 days? That's terrible.

An iPad standby time is weeks not a day and half.

Edited by ElasticMan

Hadn’t thought of that but it is about right in my experience. Our old iPad2 is left on standby most of the time as the owner doesn’t know how to switch it off. The tablet seems to go on forever.