Hatfield House Lane S5 closed due to gas leak 11/04/18

Just had to walk round to get to Sicey. Could see road dug up outside school. Wonder if people have been moved out?

They evacuated homes in the early hours, moved the residents into Concord Sports Centre.

Still quite a mess around there and local residents may have to be found somewhere to stay overnight.

I see that Amey are getting the blame for causing this too.

Still quite a mess around there and local residents may have to be found somewhere to stay overnight.

I see that Amey are getting the blame for causing this too.

Of course it's not the first time Amey have caused such a problem.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/national-grid-accuse-sheffield-contractors-amey-of-causing-gas-leak-1-7556048

So Amey strike again!

This time digging through a gas main in Shiregreen. This company are a joke.

How they got a massive contract with the council is beyond me.

So Amey strike again!

This time digging through a gas main in Shiregreen. This company are a joke.

How they got a massive contract with the council is beyond me.

Maybe it's a plan to save even more of the £2.2 billion we've handed over to them by simply blowing the trees up?

Maybe it's a plan to save even more of the £2.2 billion we've handed over to them by simply blowing the trees up?

Maybe they just plan to blow us all up for daring to suggest they are absolutely useless?

Yes seen this on news , To be fair this digging through gas main has happened to loads of companies but is also more likely to happen to poor companies ,which it would appear Amey is . See their work force litter picking around town never seem to be able to work on their own always in a group of around three and within a yard of one another . Think severn trent water use Amey , turned up to fit water meter at my sons couldn't do it because a hole needed digging .Will have to come back another time . The job had already been surveyed by Amey .