What method do you use to listen to music?

How do most people listen to music now, CDs, streaming, downloads?

And will they miss record shops like HMV when they eventually disappear?

Personally I still buy CDs, never buy downloads. In my opinion the sound quality is better. But I still have an ipod for convenience whilst out and about, but much prefer popping a CD on the separates when at home, for some reason I feel I pay more attention.

Most of the time I listen to CD's.

If I'm wanting something specific I'll usually buy it from Amazon - if I'm in Meadowhall I'll have a browse in HMV at their 2 for £10 selection.

I always rip them to my PC and usually have a selection of 100 plus of them on my phone and a data peg for in the car.

At home I listen to either CD's on the hi-fi, or if in the kitchen on my bluetooth speaker via the phone.

Stream/download from Google Play Music for me, we have a family subscription. Use it on a variety of devices - car (via Android Auto), phone, BT speakers, Echo, PC/laptop.

Nice to have to same interface and for it to remember the albums and types of playlists I like across all devices. Easy to discover new and different music too.

I've not used physical media or been in a shop like HMV in years to be honest, far too clunky.

Ears are what I use... :) Usually but not always through headphones.

Source wise it's FLAC or decent MP3 quality (256 bit is more than enough) for almost everything - this is a combination of purchased downloads (small) or a rip from my CD or vinyl collection.

All manner of ways. Vinyl, CD and wireless speaker at home.

On the move, I stream from my iTunes in the cloud to my car stereo via my phone. That’s pretty close to witchcraft really :)

In no specific order...Flac,good quality MP3,MP4 Vinyl,CD,some streaming radio stations too

Generally if im just tossing about on the computer youtube lol

I do have a massive selection on mp3 / FLAC (especially punk and related genres and metal) which i also go through, use these when im putting together my radio shows.

I also collect Cds and vinyl, i have a massive collection of cds and vinyl, trouble is the hifis in the front room and missus and kids are normally watching tv so dont play them often :( less than i'd like.

I also do have a skull speaker in the kitchen that you can connect your phone to with blutooth

And i also listen to music on my ipod when out with the dog, or going to and from places on public transport / walking

so a mish mash

Spotify generally. It’s easy and allows me to listen to new things. Can’t remember when I bought a CD.

Spotify generally. It’s easy and allows me to listen to new things. Can’t remember when I bought a CD.

that thought terrifies me, what happens tommorow if spotify vanished never to return? everything gone, no music :o

CDs in the kitchen; vinyl in the living room; youtube/daily motion/vimeo in the office/at work; cassettes/radio in the car; live in the pub/club.

Radio mainly, plus a few downloaded or stuff I've ripped off old CDs via my phone. Don't really want to subscribe to anything.