What method do you use to listen to music?

DAB radio at work, radio via Freeview or iPlayer at home.

MP3 CDs in car.

I have a stereo system at home for vinyl, cd, cassette, radio and mp3. I also have a stereo

at work. When i'm on 6-2 the radio is on all shift but 2-10 is a different matter. Once the management have gone home cds are put on and the volume is cranked up. In the car I generally use the radio but I also plug in my mp3.

Vinyl on Linn Sondek LP12, CD on Marantz 6005 all powered by Naim amplification, with Musical Fidelity headphone amp. using Sennheiser HD 600 headphones for listening.

On the move, TGPTEK Imp WAV player, powered by a Topping NX1 Headphone amp.

As you can guess, I love my music!:love:

Sounds like there's some serious audio equipment lovers on the forum. How much do people spend on their gear and do they think it makes a big difference the pricier the equipment the better the sound?

I'm still using my cambridge amps and cd player from 25 years ago. I do have 2 ruark r2s for the ipod and the DAB, but the sound from the CD player sounds so much richer and deeper.

As for CDs, personally I like having a collection/library to look at and thumb thru. Also its probs psychological but I like to have something physical in my hand when I buy music.

I don't do downloads, preferring cds and vinyl then transferring them onto my mp3. My stereo at work is an old Kenwood which I got off gumtree for the princely sum of &10. The original price is stated in the handbook, just under &600!

CDs mainly these days, not so much vinyl as I used to, very occasionally cassette still; or Youtube if I want to try things out before I look for them to buy (or if I don't stand a cat in hell's chance of finding it in physical form).

I started with a Rega 3, Audiolab amp and Linn speakers. Over the years when my insurance policies matured, so did my hi-fi! My last 3 purchases, Pioneer CD Recorder, Musical Fidelity X-Can V3 headphone amp and its dedicated power supply, were purchased from ebay after 3 good wins from the horses. I did have the money to buy them, but I was too tight to spend the cash, so I let the bookies pay for them instead.

We have good quality kit which is why we have found some downloads have to be done again. I'm not an IT expert but hubby is; its what he's done for a career. I have been subjected to people playing music back on really poor quality devices, its awful.:help:

I agree downloads can be good but personally I find it a pain searching through menus to find what I want to play. They are useful when travelling so I can see the pros and cons. One holiday we had some sort of blip and we lost all our recordings so couldn't play music in our apartment. We don't have a CD player over there and I felt like quite lost.

We often play different music in different rooms, our music tastes have diverged over the decades.

Hey google play "insert band/genre/track/playlist in room x/y/z".

No searching through menus at all, it's really very convenient. And the rooms can be grouped, however you like, upstairs, downstairs, everywhere, the west wing, etc...

Slightly off topic, but any recommendations for a Bluetooth speaker? Just wanting one to link up with phone to use in kitchen. Thanks :)

Vinyl & CD in my bedroom and usually when I am in the living room YouTube with headphones in Jam Transit wireless sound great and comfy

I do like CD's and always look in charity shops and car boots

Vinyl & CD in my bedroom and usually when I am in the living room YouTube with headphones in Jam Transit wireless sound great and comfy

I do like CD's and always look in charity shops and car boots

Ive just bought 4 from a charity shop, was 4 for £1 :) and one was a double disc w00t