Red light camera Upper Hanover crossing Glossop Rd

I’m aware that there is a red light camera on the side going uphill towards Brookhill roundabout, but is there one on the other side going downhill? I started to brake a little late but only managed to stop just over the white line, it was amber just about to change when this happened but turned to red just as I stopped, for some reason I reversed back to just before the white line, didn’t see a yellow camera on that side but still quite paranoid about it all (as there was a little grey camera sitting on top of the actual traffic lights)

I’m aware that there is a red light camera on the side going uphill towards Brookhill roundabout, but is there one on the other side going downhill? I started to brake a little late but only managed to stop just over the white line, it was amber just about to change when this happened but turned to red just as I stopped, for some reason I reversed back to just before the white line, didn’t see a yellow camera on that side but still quite paranoid about it all (as there was a little grey camera sitting on top of the actual traffic lights)

No, there isn't a red light camera on the downhill side.

Red light cameras are a large item housed on a separate pole, which is set back from the traffic signals (so the camera has a good view of the stop line and the junction). If you get snapped by one, you will see two bright flashes, one snapping you crossing the stop line and another a second or so later to see whether you actually stopped or went through.

Red light cameras (as the name implies) only become active a second or so after the light on your approach has gone to red. You don't get snapped on amber.

The thing you can see on top of the traffic signal is a vehicle detector which tells the traffic signal controller whether moving vehicles are present.

Dont think this camera is in operation

I've definitely seen the uphill one flashing and catching drivers going through the red light.