Sky box after sub cancellation

If I cancel my subscription will it still be possible to record programmes on the box?

no u will have get a dvr

What is a dvr ?

What is a dvr ?

Its a Digital Video Recorder. If the TV is fairly new then it may have a PVR (personal video recorder) built in that allows recording of broadcast TV via USB.

After some searching, it seems that Sky won't let you record with the box after you've left them, even if you get a Freesat card.

Your best bet is to go buy a Freesat box, take a trip to Currys, they have a decent selection to choose from... https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/set-top-boxes/304_3021_30021_xx_ba00004707-bv00299900/1_14/price-asc/xx_xx_xx_xx_5-6-7-8-10-11-12-13-criteria.html

I have just replaced my Sky box with a Humax 1100s Freesat recorder, I shopped around and John Lewis was the cheapest at £179.00 and the only one to offer 2 year guarantee. I have had it for around 3 weeks now and upto now very satisfied. Alan.

Unfortunately some channels are ONLY available through a Sky box though. I can't remember if its Five HD or Dave HD or both. Haven't checked in a while as I rarely watch TV channels.

Bear in mind that some Samsung TVs especially have built-in freesat.

I have just replaced my Sky box with a Humax 1100s Freesat recorder, I shopped around and John Lewis was the cheapest at £179.00 and the only one to offer 2 year guarantee. I have had it for around 3 weeks now and upto now very satisfied. Alan.

I agree, I've been using Humax products for years, always good quality.

YouView boxes are made by Humax and have a hard drive for recording. They can be bought independently or obtained via ISP for a small monthly payment for those who have BT, Plusnet or TalkTalk.

I agree, I've been using Humax products for years, always good quality.

Can you connect this product to a sky dish and does it have an out let ,so I can connect to another tv ?

Unfortunately some channels are ONLY available through a Sky box though. I can't remember if its Five HD or Dave HD or both. Haven't checked in a while as I rarely watch TV channels.

Bear in mind that some Samsung TVs especially have built-in freesat.

Samsung ? Are you sure ? Seen plenty of lg and Panasonic TVs with free sat built in but never seen a Samsung

Hello hack lad, Yes you can connect the Humax 1100s recorder to a Sky sat dish not sure about connecting to another tv but if you google the spec of the box it should give you all the info. Alan.